CHAPTER-16

The albino haired older tilted his head and look at the younger with a doubtful look.

"How so?"
He spoke making the younger let out a tired sigh.

Lucas started speaking while at the same time fiddling with his fingers. He wasn't used to talking to someone about personal things accept Athanasia.

He explained how he doesnt wish to see the person he like in pain...and that also because of him...

He told him about his disease and job..

Expecting the older to give him a horrified look.
All this time his head was lowered, so he finally decided to take a look at the expression the man was holding for now.

In his mind, the image of a sneering old man or a scared or disappointed man was held.

Though looking at the man, his eyes widened when he looked at the ravennete with such warm gaze.

"It must be hard...."
The white head man spoke looking outside of the window.

His eyes reflecting the moon...

"But...you can't just give up on everything..."
"If you love someone...then don't leave them...."
Lucas could swear that he just saw a hint of misery in his eyes but that vanished soon.

"I...also lost someone I loved the most....I could have been with her...but due to my stupidness...I..I lost her..."
Jade replied and turned his gaze to Lucas.

"I don't want you to commit the same mistake as me... don't mislead your love and say what you wish to say... before it's too late"

Lucas nodded his head seemed to be deep in thoughts.

"I..... would try..."
His lips curved up into a small smile and he took the last sip of coffee from his cup before putting it down and getting up.

"Where are you gonna stay?"
He asked looking at his phone.

"It's quite late you know"
He mumbled when looked at the time that showed it was 1:30 already.

Jade smiled and got up from his seat "I have a room booked in a hotel"
He also got up and walked out of the restaurant after paying the bill which the ravenette also wanted to pay but was cut off by the older saying 'I am older so I'm gonna pay'.

Both chose different ways inorder to get to their destination.
One wishing to meet the person he adore and the other proceeding to start a new life.

Though they chose different paths, but they will still would meet again soon at a point in life like they did now.

Lucas walked back to his house and found that his brother and Helena were awake and talking to each other.

"You aren't asleep?"
He asked the two and they nodded their head.

"We were waiting for you. Where were you this late btw?"
Helena asked concerned.

"I met Sir Jade"
Lucas enthusiastically replied when noticed how the expressions of the two olders brightened.

"You mean THAT sir Jade who we met in orphanage!?"
The blue-eyed boy asked in shock but at the same time excitement. He smiled brightly when the ravenette nodded his head in agreement.

"He is really here...It's been quite awhile since meeting him last"

"I want to meet him, he was like our father in the orphanage filled with people who loathed us"

Helena muttered loosing herself in nostalgia, their memories of childhood weren't quite great but they still cherished those moments that made them think that life wasn't all about hardships and sacrifices...

Jade Peterson also taught them how they should value the present rather than worrying about the future or bring stucked in the past.

Everything should be valued and enjoyed, whether in problems or happiness. Everything is important and one should remember them so that one day they could look on the face of past and smile brightly.

Remember the good things and laugh in present.

Remember the bad things and smile knowing that it's not the same as it was then.

That's what the three have engraved in their hearts.

"You could meet him, he asked about you and gave me the address of the hotel he was living in"
Lucas replied to Helena and his words made her smile turn brighter.

"Well then, I'm gonna go to Sia"
The ravenette spoke and started walking towards the room where the blonde was staying.

"Take care of your girlfriend"
The olive-eyed brunnete girl said expecting the boy to turn red and deny it like usual but to her surprise he smirked and said 'will do'.

"He didn't deny... could it be..."
The blue-eyed brunnete shared her shock and looked at the ravennete who was now gone.

"He stopped going all dense!"
Helena cheered like a fan girl bursting the ear drums of the other.

"MY SHIP HAS SAILED SUCKERS!!!!!!"

Due to her loud shout later the two had to apologise to the neighbours who were sleeping but were now awake due to the younger's loud squeal.

===

Lucas walked inside the dim lit room. Only silence occupied the room other than the blonde wrapped around the blanket like a ball.

"Sia?"
He spoke turning on the lights.

The blonde removed the blanket above her and met the light that was too blinding to her eyes after she spent all this time under the darkness of the blanket.

She adjusted her eyes and looked towards the ravennete with red eyes.

The ravenette flinched looking at her state, her blonde hair was a mess and her eyes were red due to all the crying.

"Lucas!!!"
"You came!"
Athanasia exclaimed when realising who was the person coming inside the room. She swiftly got off the bed, though her back was still sore, and ran towards the ravennete.

Unfortunately, her leg slipped and her face started to meet with the floor.
She closed her eyes to welcome the pain but it never came.

The blonde looked up to find the ravennete holding her from falling and their faces were really close.

"Don't be a mess, I'm here"
He said with a small smile making the blonde do internally a flip.

They remained still for awhile without changing their position with their faces just inches away.

Lucas soon got out of his trance and noticed their position, same goes with the blonde.

Heat started to rise in the room...

"May I?"
Lucas asked as Athanasia's heart started thumping loudly.
She thought that even the ravenette could hear the sound of her loudly beating heart. But she didn't knew that the ravennete was no different.

Everything seemed blur when their distance started decreasing....

Thump

Thump

Thump

_______________________________________

Hohoho!
The moment you all have been waiting for is gonna come soon~

Plus! Don't forget to tell me how was this chapter!

Funfact; Lucas like cold coffee with sugar in it!

I hope you enjoyed this chap! And I'm off the another place! Meet you day after yesterday again! (Maybe lol)

Bye!
Love you all ❣️💕
Apple out~