Trifecta

It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace. ~ Chuck Palahniuk

I got out of the shower and looked at myself. "I don't even know the girl in the mirror any longer." I thought to myself. I was scared and alone in a tower full of people that knew nothing about me and didn't care to know. Plus it didn't help that I wouldn't share I guess.

Was it a bad couple minutes or a bad day. I look back at the mirror "yeah! It was a bad fucking day wasn't it?! probably one of many" I have no idea why I was strong enough to knock that bag off the wall it weighed something like 150 pounds and that's crazy! Buzz buzz my phone buzzed screen lighting up and all making me jump. "Mr.Stark" it read. I bet he wanted to talk to me but I needed an hour or so to myself. I didn't need to hear about my poor performance review. I don't know how I could mentally ready for this mission. Or even a life here in this tower. I really went down hill after that man "soleman" slid his hand up my skirt I feel worthless and violated and I'm sure it's probably my fault somehow.
      Ashamed and guilt is what my mom would have to me to feel. I ignored Tony's call. Sneaking out of my room and deciding on the stairs I know Tony had this whole place on cameras but if I could out run him on foot maybe that's all I would need. Holding my wallet I jogged down the stairs one floor at a time. By the time I got to the tenth floor I was still somehow keeping up my pace.
     My double braids bouncing in the air as I hopped, still slightly damp from the shower earlier. I got to the bottom of the stairway. "Main level exit on to Main Street" I decided to take it hoping some sort of alarm didn't go off. As the door closed and the bright light of the sun blinded me I held my hand to cover my eyes.
     Great forgot my sunglasses I thought to myself. As I started walking down the hot payment beneath my feet I saw all the cars mostly taxis lined up beeping every so often. I figure I would keep going until I found a nice coffee bar. About an hour or so go by not really keeping track of time. I found a cute little coffee boutique just near the Brooklyn bridge. Man I had really gotten far. I sucked in a breath before entering the little shop.
     Immediately a delightful aroma hitting me like a wall. My mouth started watering at the very smell. There were a couple people with laptops out probably students on the bar stools facing the window, but no one in line. I walked up to the counter and peered through the glass display. Deciding on an iced coffee and a croissant I handed the cashier a few crumpled bills and waited for my order.

My phone kept buzzing. I took a look this time surprising me. "Unknown caller" I decided to pick up. The line was silent. "Hello?" "Kari. Starks got the whole team looking for you are you safe at least?" It was Bucky with his husky voice. I blushed slightly. "Hi. I'm safe can you tell Stark I'm heading back. Thanks" I quickly hung up.
      Fuck Thats embarrassing! I turned on my heels stuffing the croissant in my mouth and taking my coffee. I had a lot of Time to make up so I decided to take a short cut under the Brooklyn bridge. The further I walked the darker and colder it got. And I wasn't fully prepared my phone had low battery, and I was without a jacket. Exiting under the bridge a heard a noise behind me I turned around to find A dark shadow looming over me. As I went to pick up a run they grabbed my arm.
    "Why so shy sweetness don't you remember this morning?" He pulled his hood off and revealed his face. He looked awful. A busted up lip and nose with that a black eye. I gasped. I'm sure he didn't look like this earlier. Remembering the events from this morning I tried to free my wrist from his hand but before I could he put it in some sort of vice. I screamed, it echoing under the bridge. "What did I tell you would happen if you told anyone about our little meet up this morning?" He cranked my wrist the other way causing me to scream. "I-I-I didn't tell anyone I swear!" Sobbed out. "That's enough out of you, sweet dreams angel"
Mark pulled out a dirty rag I struggled against it, he pulled my wrist and cover my mouth. I tried not to breathe but after a minute my lungs gave out and it all went black.

An: hey guys kept it short check out the next chapter ;)