Please don't cry

Year 5795 (Waheed)

"Waheed, I want to be free. I know it's selfish but I want you to grow up and set me free. I want you to....." She sighed.

Waheed kept his eyes closed, feigning to be asleep. He felt her hand brush his hair and he wanted to talk to her, tell her he will grow up, tell her he will give her everything she wants. However, eleven years old Waheed also knew her. If she knows he's awake, she will put on the happy façade and will smile to not make him worry.

He often feigns to be asleep because it's the only time she lets her guard down and says whatever's on her mind, her words echoing in faint whispers. Her muffled sadness engulfs him as she repeated the words so many times that those words were etched on his soul. "I want to be free, I want to be free. I want to go, I don't want to be an empress anymore. This world is so disgusting, I'm getting filthier everyday, how long will I be able to protect you? Am I strong enough to keep you safe?"

Waheed wanted to tell her, he will free her, wherever she wants to go; he will take her. He wanted to say to her that he will be so strong that she doesn't have to protect him anymore, he will protect her instead.

It puts him in great distress to admit how feeble he is because as much as he wants her to be happy, he will never be able to give her what she wants.

Eleven years old Waheed doesn't know why, why does he abhor the idea of her leaving him and her not wanting to be an empress. The thought of her leaving and abandoning him, enrages him to an extent where he can't see the reason.

He doesn't understand it, why does he detest her sorrow? Or why does he want her to shut up and stop crying. He loathed her tears, her voice drenched with sadness makes him so enraged that he wanted to scream, yell at her to shut up. He wanted to... He wanted her to shut up and smile, always smile.

Her tears and sad cries makes it hard for him to breathe, the bile in his throat gets bigger with her words, his eyes get teary and nose becomes snotty but he never lets a tear slip by, pretending to be asleep as he only listens to her pleas to be free.

Nyx, please don't cry. I hate it. I hate it! I hate it. I hate it! When you cry.