sixteen

09 July, 1997 (3:37a.m, Monday)

The game ended not long after and everyone began to Floo home. Draco had started for the staircase, Astoria behind him, they were talking and planned to sit on the balcony for a few minutes.

Scarlett was in the kitchen getting water, her back was to the door but she heard someone walk in,

She had a feeling it was Theo so she didn't turn around.

"You'd rather pitch yourself from the astronomy tower before willingly kissing me, huh?" He asked.

She sighed, turning around, "Yeah, I would."

"Well, you're still alive aren't you? I see you haven't thrown yourself from it and we kissed a week ago, so I'm calling bullshit."

She rolled her eyes, "Who did you sneak into your house while your parents were home?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Well that's one way to change the subject. You jealous?" He teased, a smirk replacing his frown.

"No, just curious."

"Well, I don't kiss and tell, so I'm afraid that I can't tell you."

She scoffed, "You don't kiss and tell but you slam a glass down to make sure everyone knows."

He walked closer, leaning across the counter towards her, "Oh, did you think that was about you?" He asked, an amused grin taking over.

She blinked, "Well, what other girls have you kissed that have boyfriends?"

He shrugged, "I guess you're just not as special as you think, Malfoy."

She frowned, turning on her heel, she stormed out of the room.

As she reached the door frame that was a few inches past where Theo was standing, he grabbed her wrist, causing her to have to spin around, "Goodnight, Scarlett."

She yanked her hand free, "Goodnight, asshole."

She heard him laugh as she walked down the hallway.

Merlin, she hated him. She slammed the door to her bedroom and dramatically flung herself onto her bed.

"Well, how'd it go?" Astoria asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

Scarlett looked over to the brunette girl sitting at the desk, "What do you mean?"

"I know you went to see Theo. So give me the details!"

Scarlett rolled her eyes, "I didn't go to see him, he found me in the kitchen."

"Okay, and did you kiss him?"

"No, I did not. He was an asshole." She proceeded to give a recap of their conversation which left Astoria squealing with her hands over her mouth.

"Do you know what this means?" She asked Scarlett.

Scarlett shook her head, "I have no possible clue what that could possibly mean."