THE JEDI COUNCIL

Rey and Ben took in the sights and sounds of the planet known as Coruscant. It was more lively than any planet they ever been too. "Keep your lightsaber hidden"
She quickly told Ben.
"Tempting for any Jedi to harm me"
"Well i won't let that happen. I'm here now"
"Now?"
She dare say it.
"Remember the throne room"
He guess right as he nodded.
"Touché scavenger"
"Again no name calling"
"You've called me worse"
"I meant it at the time when you were Snokes errand boy"
She joked.
"Yet I killed him for you"
He saw with a dangerous tone. She loved getting under his skin but couldn't afford to set him off here.
"What we're you thinking then anyway?"
"What?"
He tilted his head.
"When I came to the supremacy what we're you thinking?"
She pressed on. She wanted to know.
"We both saw what we wanted to see but not what we wanted to happen. You believe I could turn. I believed you would join me. I killed Snoke but wanted you to share the power he had with me. I woke up. No you. Fleet was halfway destroyed. I went looking for you afterwards and you know the rest"
"You know how I feel about joining the same order that destroyed the republic. I don't want to destroy people"
"You wanted to destroy me"
He inquired.
"You had it coming at the time...but I don't know if you learned your lesson"
He chuckled.
"Ironic how I offered to teach you and yet you call giving me this scar a lesson"
"Well that tends to happen when-"
"Your being hunted? Yeah I know that. Point is I don't know if I want to return yet. To the light. I'm just not ready...not yet"
She swallowed her frustration and understood him. How could anyone turn to the light after doing so many things in service of the dark side?
"I'll wait for you"
She said looking at him. That caught him off guard as he scoffed lightly. "It could take forever"
"I've waited for my parents forever what's the difference?"
"You know the difference Rey"
He said softly. "I want you to say it"
She leaned back.
He wasn't trying to hurt her before and wasn't trying to again.
"I don't want to hurt you"
"You have but it doesn't compare to how much I never wanted revenge. Say it...go on say it"
He swallowed and shuddered slightly.
"Because you knew the truth"
"Like I know you'll turn to the light"
He had to admit she was very clever. He understood her, she sought out anyone that wrong her for revenge, she was the only person that understood him. He felt ashamed and hurt.
"You still hurt"
He definitely didn't like showing it but when he's with her. He allowed himself to be vulnerable. "Yes I am...which is why I'm not ready"
"I know all about Waiting. I'll wait for you Ben Solo. I know you"
He wished he could kiss her again and just tell her how much he loved her but it's too soon. He needed time so instead he gave her a teary eyed smile and she hugged him. "It's okay...I'm here"
A thought popped up in his head and the tears started to fall.
"Do you...do you think...Han?"
"He did it to save you Ben. I know that now"
She felt his pain and wanted to cry with him. "I'm here...I will never leave you again"
He held her tight as his throat tightened with a sob fighting it's way out.
Suddenly they felt the ship land and they looked around. "I won't let anyone take you from me"
"Likewise"
He said rubbing his hair. The doors opened and in came Anakin.
"You two ready?"
"Yeah...let's finish this"
Ben said with full seriousness. Rey smiled delightfully and stayed by his side.

They stepped off the ramp onto a platform into the light.
They were approached by many Jedi and senators.
"Chancellor Palpatine, are you alright?"
"I'm quiet fine Master Windu. Thank too Master Kenobi, Master Skywalker along with the help of these fellow Jedi"
Windu and the Senators looked at Rey and Ben.
"Count Dooku has been killed leaving only General Grievous. He fled from the battle after encountering the Jedi"
Ben really wanted to scoff but he refrained.
"He will most likely fled to the outer rim. He's a coward"
"As for Dooku I assume he was slain by Skywalker?"
Anakin stiffened at the thought of Dooku being killed by his hand.
"It was me...Master Jedi"
Ben blurted out. "General Grievous captured us aboard the ship. Dooku had been taken into custody before being slain by my lightsaber"
He probably shouldn't have mentioned his saber but it was technically what happened.
Rey was just listening for an opening to speak.
"Then he is to be commended"
"With all due respect Senator...we have some ill news to report to the council"
Ben added.
'Kriff!'
'Need my help?'
'Never needed to ask'
'I'm not very familiar with the Jedi of old'
'That makes two of us. We only knew Luke'
'Ohh how true that is'
"Without there well being Kenobi might have not made it off"
'Are you sure that he's the...you know'
'He's just making things up as he goes. It's a wonder how he became Emperor'
Windu was eyeing Ben and sensing the darkness that his aurora gave off.
"Do you have a name Master Jedi?"
Ben could hear Rey giggling quietly but she snapped out of it quickly.
"Ben...Solo"
"Rey...I'm just Rey"
Ben was saddened by the reminder.
'Not to me'
He told her. Which made her smile.
"With General Grievous still out there. I assume the war will continue until we track him down"
"As sad as that nature is"
"Very well, Obi-wan and Skywalker will escort you to the Council Chambers"
"Thank you Master Jedi"
"The Republic cannot thank you Enough"
"Thank you Senator Organa"
'Organa? Leia Organa?'
'Adopted'
'He seems so cheerful for a Senator'
'My mother spoke highly of him. I can't believe I'm actually standing behind him'
"But the fighting will continue until General Grievous is spare parts"
"Well I will do everything I can in the senate"
"Excuse me"
"Certainly"
Ben catches this and pulls Rey to the side. Her gaze lingers on his hand holding hers. "Sorry"
"No it's ok. I wasn't used to people taking my hand. It was Finn that did it on Jakku"
Ben didn't like talking about her friends but he did it for her. "Do you miss them?"
"Of course I do" she said with a smile. Her smile was warmth to him and he returned it with a smile of his own.
"When all this is over...I think I need to talk with my mother. It's one way or another I'll have to atone for what I did"
"I'll be there with you"
"I know"
He said looking back at Anakin who was hugging someone.
"She looks like-"
"My mother"
Ben whispered taking in the features of Padme Amidala. Senator now and Former Queen of Naboo.
Anakin picked her up and spun her around 3 times.
The sight made Rey tear up a bit. Ben smiled teary eyed. It was everything he needed to see. No first order. No snoke. No darkside but this light. His Grandfathers light which brings both him and Rey to the question.
Why did Anakin Skywalker turn to the darkside when he had love? What all had happened?
They embraced each other with a kiss and hugged again.
"Oh Anakin"
"I've missed you Padme"
Ben wondered if they should have gone with Kenobi but being next to the Emperor didn't ease his mind. They needed to get somewhere safe. For Ben knew the temple would be a secondary residence but with Anakin. He could meet his grandmother. Though he would have to tell them the truth at some point.
"Ben? Why couldn't the Jedi Love?"
Ben remember Luke's training and remembered his words. "Foregoing all attachments so the Jedi would be and only attached to the force, not others. They thought emotions and feelings would lead them down the dark path to the darkside. For me it was my family at first but then it was me. The great things I've heard about them and then there was me. Even my...my friends, Tai, Voe and Hennix. They all knew I was special. I know I'm not anymore"
Rey didn't want to cry anymore so she pulled Ben for a long passionate kiss. She never heard him speak of the past. Even after he told her to let it die.
The words echoing in her head.