THE PAST AND NOW

Anakin was at a lost for words. "So your my grandson?"
"Ben I don't think we should tell him yet"
"He has a right to know. Right now I feel more safer with Anakin than that sith out there"
"Who Darth Sidious?"
Ben blinked and realized that was his true name. "So that's his real name"
"What do you mean?"
"Now that part we can't say. If we reveal the truth now we'll doom everything and ourselves to the future we're from"
Anakin looked at Rey and she nodded. "The force has to believe it's chosen one can bring balance to the force"
Anakin seemed to understand that and sighed. Asking more questions will get him no where. He would have to trust the force. He would have to trust them.
"What about you? You said I had a son"
"Yes"
Both Ben and Rey said at the same time. "What is his name? Can I at least know that?"
Ben looked at Rey and prayed Anakin would still trust him. If the force sent him to the past to write his wrongs then this way he will atone for what he did.
"His name was Luke Skywalker. My Uncle"
"Uncle?" Anakin Was confused again. "You have a daughter too. Twins"
Rey added. "Leia" she breathed. "Who looks so much like Padme"
Anakin was overjoyed by the revelation but knew there was more to ask.
"Am I still apart of the Jedi order? Kriff I mean what about Luke or Leia? What are they like in the order? I mean Ben your obviously not a sith so that means-"
"I turned because of Luke"
Ben interjected.
"What?"
Rey knew what this meant for Ben.
"If we tell you. Will you promise not to hurt Ben?"
Rey pleaded. "What did you do?!"
Anakin asked outraged.
Ben looked at Anakin imploringly and sighed shakily.
"A misunderstanding. At the time I believed my parents threw me with Luke to do what they wanted. Leia...a senator. My...father. Han. Back to his smuggling ways to get a bigger score. Now I know they wanted what was best for me. To learn like Luke did. I learned but I was so angry. So mad. I thought they threw me away like garbage. And Luke. That night before I made my decision. Luke came to my hut while I slept. I always had dreams. I heard voices in my head. Bad ones. One of them was you Anakin but it wasn't you as I see you now. It was...cold. The anger. The rage. The Pain. I saw you as Darth Vader"
Anakin stood up and panted looking around. He felt that way before when his mother died. So he turns to the dark side after he swore he wouldn't but he had to understand. "What happened to Luke?"
He asked again. "He had sensed my power. Stood above me as I slept. I woke up to him drawing his lightsaber"
Rey put both hands on Bens face and looked him dead in the eyes.
"He told me he looked in your eyes and saw the frighten little boy that he had failed. I failed you I know but I'm not going to fail you again. I promised your mother I'd bring you home"
Ben seemed to forgotten that Luke told her what happened but couldn't argue with her no more. She was right.
"Luke didn't strike Ben but Ben thought the voices in his head or rather say Snoke who was the sith at the time who created our bond. Destroyed the republic and nearly the resistance. Influence Ben into thinking his choice was made. It was through fear Ben defended himself but like Ben said it was a misunderstanding. Snoke had corrupted him and made him into Kylo Ren"
Anakin took it in and sat down by Ben. "Is he your master?"
"He was...I killed him for her"
Anakin nodded smiling at Ben with pride. "There's still light in you. You have it"
"As you do. If we can save you from turning into Vader then maybe we can finally live in peace. Maybe I can stop myself from..."
Ben felt a tear fall from his eyes and he shuddered. "From what?"
Ben couldn't fight the light nor the truth. Regardless if he was Kylo Ren or Ben solo. He still killed him.
"It doesn't matter"
"Yes it does"
"No Rey. You may see good in me but I don't know if the resistance or anyone ever will for what I've done. I killed my father. I killed Han. Just as he asked me to come home! I impaled him with this lightsaber! It was me!"
Ben stood up against the wall sobbing silently. Rey went to comfort him as Anakin felt his pain. He felt alone but when Rey was around he saw Ben wanted to change but his dark deed held him back. It was time for Anakin to confide in his grandson.
"When my mother died...I too was enraged. I felt like I could have saved her. She died right in my arms. She told me that she loved me. Had she been there to witness me killing them all. Not just the men, the woman and children too. I slaughtered them like animals. I hated them and still do share that hatred. Whatever darkness that touched us both will always be a reminder of what we could become but there will always be the light that can show us a better way"
Anakin put his hand on Bens shoulder and as Ben turned to him. "No one will forget I know but there is still forgiveness and a way to make it right. You don't have to let the dark side corrupt you. You have a choice"
Anakin told him. That seemed to calm Ben down to hear his true grandfather guide him. "What about Luke?"
Ben faced his grandfather and told him.
"I didn't kill him. He passed into the force saving the resistance before I could. Telling me he will see me around. I couldn't kill Luke if I tried. I won't. I just wish I had the chance to tell him I'm sorry"
Ben said on a loose breath and Anakin understood.
"How about we spar a bit?"
That broke Ben out of his thoughts and made Rey lit up surprised.
"Like with our sabers?"
"Yes with Sabers. If the force sent you to protect me then I'll do the same for you"
"I don't know if I can do that. I'm not Jedi material"
"You handled yourself defending Ben on the separatist flagship. I think you could use a bit more structure. What do you think Ben?"
"I offered myself but of course you see. The scar speaks for itself"
Ben admitted. "Not the scar again"
"You'll have to get used to it Rey. We skywalkers have a low pain tolerance"
"Apart from being shot in the gut by a wookie bow caster and maimed. I'd say your overestimating"
"Then let's find out. You'll face down others who are more than willing to put you down throughout the galaxy and I can't have that on my conscience"
Rey understood and nodded. "If I do this. No more bringing up the scar because I'm really sorry about it"
"It's nothing"
"See no pain no gain. Let's go"
Anakin said cheerful.

Rey stood in front of Anakin not knowing how he would come at her. She tried to envision Ben charging at her with his saber but this was Anakin Skywalker. The father of Luke and Leia. The man with no fear. The legend. Kriff the Greatest Jedi of all time.
"Your sweating Rey. Relax"
Ben nodded at her encouragingly. She brandished her weapon and stood in her stance. Anakin looked at Ben and had to ask.
"Your sure She gave you that scar?"
"Wanna Bet?"
"What?"
"That she can beat you 2 out 3"
Rey looked at Ben and shook his head not wanting to play that game.
"I'll wager you"
"Begin"
Ben told them.
Rey stood defiantly against the idea of sparring with Anakin freaking Skywalker.
Rey? What are you afraid of?
Hes literally going to beat me head on!
If you can beat me, you have a chance
Fat chance!
Anakin Rushed Rey with a steady strike. One that she was able to block easily.
"Your shields are down"
"I'm anticipating your movement"
"Don't think. Let the force inside you guide your mind"
"How do I do that?"
"Let go of what you fear to lose"
Anakin told her confident.
He tapped her saber but was pushed out of the way quickly as she parried moving away from him. "Your still afraid, may I ask any why?"
Rey hadn't thought of talking to Ben about this but Ben already knew. "I just wish I knew my place in all this"
Rey said with her head down.
Your not alone
Ben told her through the force.
Neither are you
She said through the force with a grateful smile.
"I sometimes question myself if I truly belong with the Jedi. Now that your here I can find my true place and hope that I can guide you better. Better than Ahsoka"
Ben perked up at this. "You had an apprentice?"
"Yes one I care about so much. I miss her"
Anakin said holding his saber at the ready.
Ahsoka may have left the order, he thought he had failed her. He wouldn't fail his children nor Padme. He wouldn't fail Ben or Rey. He would  trust in the force and begin by letting go of what he feared to lose. Even if it means to give his own life to save the ones he cared about the most. He would do it because he no longer had to fear losing anything or anyone. Not even himself.
"Now begin" Anakin said to Rey who looked unsure but found her confidence. Luke had told her that all she needed was to breathe.
She took a deep breath and held her saber at the ready.
Without a second thought she charged Anakin and clashed against his saber. Ben was proud to have been present, a burden he will always carry but one he will never forget. He promises himself that he would go home. Back to his mother. For his Father. For forgiveness from Luke and with Rey.

Somewhere in the force Luke Skywalker smiled as he could sense the light coming back into Bens heart. The way he taught Rey and how he knew that they would save his father from Palpatine.
"The force will be with you...always"
He whispered.