Family?

Future

"OH, CHRISTMAS TREE, OH, CHRISTMAS TREE!" I grabbed my kid and covered her mouth, "Imani, please." 

It's not even Christmas...

She rolled her eyes and laid back on the couch, "Uncle Keigo is taking too long." 

I said, "He's on watch, you shouldn't have gotten ready so early." Touya was in the kitchen calmly cutting vegetables for dinner. "I'm going back to school shopping Mom! I want to look the coolest." 

Touya laughed, "Trust me, no matter what clothes we put you in you'll always look like a nerd." 

I looked at Touya about to smack him but realized it was her brother who said it. 

"Bay! Imani your brother is just being an asshole." 

He smiled, "Nope, I'm being completely honest." The doorbell rang and Keigo walked in. 

I smiled, "KEIGO!" He brushed past me and hugged my daughter. "That's a different type of fucked up." Touya dapped Keigo up. "Let's go, Imani." 

She grabbed her purse and said, "SEE YA!" 

She ran out of the house, "Wow, our kid is starting middle school." Touya said, "I know... I remember when I used to talk to them when they were babies." 

Bay sat on the couch with his popsicle, "Yeah, you were a little overbearing back then." Touya blushed, "I WAS?" 

I nodded frantically, "You didn't even let the kids spend the night at Keigo's house until they could talk." Touya folded his arms, "Because Keigo is untrustworthy." 

Bay said, "He just sucks at multitasking with kids." Touya said, "Well, Rumi is worse." I nodded, "She'd get you kids killed." Bay said, "She's fun though." I stared at him. Toya said, "It's all fun and games until you get hit by a car." 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Oddly specific... anyways, why didn't you want to go with Keigo and Imani?" Bay sunk into the couch, "Because I prefer being home." 

Yorkie jumped on the couch, "AH!" She sneezed in his face. 

I looked at Touya and back at Bay. "Do you feel like you have someone to talk to?" He turned around, "Huh? What are you talking about Mom?" I sat next to him, and Yorkie instantly lied on my lap. 

"Well, you don't have many friends, the ones you do have, you don't like, and you're not interested in romance... You're a loner kid." 

Bay jumped, "What! NO!" 

Touya said, "You're sister is more popular in your middle school and she's not in middle school yet." Bay sighed, "People are untrustworthy." Touya pouted, "What life experience gave you this conclusion." 

I remarked, "It was probably your dumbass." Touya's face flushed, "What?! Not me!" 

Bay raised his hand, "Guys, stop bickering!" 

We turned to Bay. I asked, "Who messed with your head?" 

Bay shrugged, "I've never connected with anyone outside of the family." 

Touya asked, "Then who are you going to talk to if something happens?" 

"You guys." 

I laughed, "We're your parents, no teenager ever tells their parents everything." Bay laughed, "Well, you two raised me and Imani in a way that makes us feel like we could tell you anything."