JASON GRACE'S HOODIE

I stared at the ring as I rested on my bed. What had he meant by this? Wear it when I'm in trouble?

I sigh and put it on my desk. I rest my head back on my pillow as Festus makes himself comfortable on the floor. He always sleeps with me, I don't mind. But he always insists on sleeping on the floor. Can't really stop him if that's what he wants.

I wrap myself in blankets. For how warm people say I am, I get cold pre-tty easily. I stretch out my hand.

A warm, almost hot, tingly feeling rises from my palm to my finger tips, a small fire rests on top of them, illuminating softly.

I sigh. I almost killed my mom with this...curse. Soon, I succumb to my over-bearing tiredness, is that a word? Oh well, I sleep with one arm hanging out over the edge of my bed.

I sit chewing a taco my mamá made. She watched me eat with a smile plastered on her face. I check the time and stand up.

"I have to go to school, adíos, mamá!" She chuckled as I walk out of the house, breathing in the fresh air, that had a slight cold breeze.

I fidget with the ring around my neck.

I still don't know what to do with this. I didn't want to wear it on my finger, because my dad had said to wear it when I was in trouble. For some reason, I think he meant that. So I did the obvious, and reasonable thing to do. I wore it was a necklace!

I tucked it into my shirt and boarded the bus.

I sat in math class, bored out of my mind. It feels like it's been hours. Thats what my ADHD does to me sometimes man, when something is fun, time goes by quickly. And when something is like- really boring, it goes by slower then a slug running a 5 mile track race.

A tap on my shoulder takes me out of my little sulking session. I look up to see Jason Grace looking down at me with a smile. If I didn't know any better, maybe even a hint of blush.

"Do you have a highlighter? I need to highlight something from my text book." I look at him in awe, then quickly realize what he said.

"Uhm!- Yeah, I should have one in my bag." I reach down and dig for a highlighter, I take out an orange highlighter and give it to him.

"Thanks, I owe you one." He smiled then started to highlight whatever he was highlighting.

I smiled back, then rest my head in my arms and started to over-think.

What the fuck, What the fuck, What the fuck, What the fuck!? Oh my word, I could stare at him smiling any day, why is he so good looking?! Why is he starting to talk to me more as of late? Does that mean he liked me too?

I huff.

As if.

As much as I like him, I know he wouldn't like me, like- ever. Why you may ask? I'm a nobody in this school with only two friends, how sad is that? Oh and, he's is probably, most likely, absolutely, straight.

How do I know?

Maybe cause he looks like that typical, 'straight white boy supreme' kind-of dude. Oh- and he used to date Reyna, the 'popular girl.' They broke up, but are still close friends. Or maybe they just did that as a cover up so they can be a couple in secret.

I hope not.

I turn to stare at him. He was perfect. He had a purple shirt nicely tucked into his jeans, and wore a black jacket on top. His electric blue eyes pierced through my soul, and his skin was flawless except for a little scar. His hair a blonde color, getting lighter at the tips. It perfectly swooped down a bit to cover his eye, just a smidge. He had a nice build, tall, strong, athletic, smart...goddamn- he's
perfect.