º11

Sicheng left the room in rage and Renjun seemed unhappy too

Sicheng left the room in rage and Renjun seemed unhappy too. He looked at Shayla who had sat down at her seat going through another file as if nothing just happened.

Renjun: Shayla jie... you didn't just say all of that to him... Clearly Taeyong is innocent in this case.

The elder female was silent for a moment before leaning back in her seat.

Shayla: I know... and i regret everything i said. But Mino was pushing me. I had to... i didn't mean anything that i said. 

She sighed shakily. 

He is right... i am just a coward. 

---

Sicheng was mad. Really mad. And everyone within the gang had noticed it. 

Yuta: Sicheng you-

Sicheng: Shut up hyung. 

Yuta: Okay...

he said in a silent voice. Sicheng didn't want to come off as rude, but he was sure that was done. Though he was still too affected by what Shayla said.

He deserves jail anyway.

Sicheng: Fucking woman lost her brain. 

He got up going straight to Taeyong's office. he was sure that the others were confused by his sudden outburst. But he just minded his temper and looked around Taeyong's office. 

Not finding anything in the files he checked the laptop. Going through the mails he landed on one that seemed really suspicious. 

As Sicheng read through it, his eyes widened at the discovery. He needed to show this to Shayla. Despite everything that went down, only she could really do anything.

---

Shayla was staring at her laptop. She was about to close this case. She just needs to close it and then done. It would be over. No more pressure. No more investigating about this. No more Sicheng.

Yet that seemed to be the very reason she was holding back from doing it.

Renjun: Shayla, you good?

Shayla: Hm?

Renjun: You have been staring at the screen for a whole ten minutes. Are you okay?

Shayla: Yeah... yeah i am fine. 

Renjun: I will go get you a coffee if you want. 

Shayla: that would be nice, thank you. 

The younger left the cabin, so Shayla was by herself. Deciding to take a break she decided to roll her chair away from the desk and just rest for sometime. She propped her feet onto the table and closed her eyes as she relaxed into her chair. 

It was silent for a while, much in favour of Shayla. That was until she heard the door open and hear a familiar voice.

Sicheng: Tsk... you will get your desk dirty that way. 

Shayla's eyes shot open, immediately finding Sicheng's figure by the door. 

Shayla: Sicheng... I...

Sicheng: Can i come in?