Six --

I entered Celine's home

I entered Celine's home. The air was sticky and thick, but it was peaceful, a far cry from how things used to be- Celine pregnant; Lyric wailing in her crib; bottles flying across rooms like bullets hitting walls. A time when our fights seemed never ending- a shadow of warring words and reproachful looks that would somehow end up right back in bed together again. Those dark times were so distantnow.

With bated breath, I peered through the doorframe of Lyric's room. Butterflies flickered across the walls, giving it a tranquil glow. I felt the corner of my mouth twitch in a small smile.

She slept soundly, her chest rising and falling with each breath. I admired the innocence and beauty of my daughter. For a moment, I felt a pang of guilt for being late, before silently exiting the room.

We had a child together, but we couldn't make it work as a couple. I didn't want to ruin the peaceful life we had created for our daughter, but my love for Celine never faded.

I entered Celine's darkened bedroom. Stripping off my clothes until I was in just my boxers, I slipped into bed with Celine, curling up against her.

"Hey," she said softly.

"Hey," I replied, returning her smile.

Even though I knew she hated it when I did this to her, she still couldn't help wanting me whenever I came by unannounced.

I also couldn't resist the temptation of being so close to Celine, her warmth and scent were too alluring. I pressed my lips to her neck, trailing kisses down to her collarbone. She moaned softly, her body arching against me. I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but I couldn't help myself. Without warning, I said, "I'm sorry, Celine. I'm sorry for everything I've put you through. I know I've been a terrible partner and father, but I want to change. I want to be the man you need me to be."

Celine was surprised by my sudden admission. She knew I had my flaws, but she also knew that I loved her and our daughter. She turned to face me and took my hand.

"I believe you, Kay. But you need to show me, not just tell me. I can't keep going through the same cycle of disappointment and hurt. I need you to step up and be there for us."

I nodded, understanding the weight of her words. I couldn't change overnight, but I was willing to put in the work to make things right. I wrapped my arms around her, and we held each other tightly.

I knew I wanted more out of life than just the superficial pleasures that come with being a celebrity. I wanted a meaningful connection with someone who loved me for who I was, not just for my status.

I lay in bed, holding Celine close and letting her steady breathing lull me to sleep. But my mind couldn't help but wander back to the events of the night, to the way Leila had looked at me as she lay there on Nina's couch, studying my face.

The next morning, I woke up early and made breakfast for Celine and Lyric. Celine was surprised to see me up so early, and even more surprised to see me cooking. We all sat down at the table and had breakfast together.