Day 9: Reunion | Trust

Chosen: Trust

Words: 1542

Short Summary: Law is having a hard time letting Luffy depart to Whole Cake Island on his own. His fear of losing him and not being able to do a single thing is taking a toll on him. What does the Captain of the Heart Pirates need to hear, to trust in Luffy?

________________________

Control. His whole reputation was based on it. He needed to control his emotions, his movements, needed to read his enemies carefully to predict their actions and have control over the situation. Without control, none of his plans would work.

Law got all the steps mapped out. The first step had been to destroy the SAD factory on Punk Hazard and the last step will be the dethroning of Kaido. It was all neatly planned and until they arrived at Zou, everything went according to his plan.

Well, not everything. Eventually he had planned to die in Dressrosa or at least destroy the SMILE factory and Doflamingo without that much damage. He always preferred a precise, clean assassination above a rampage.

Anyway, his lover took a liking in not following any plans he made. Monkey D. Luffy was a man who followed his heart and was well known for his hasty actions. His chain of thought followed no rules and it was no use to dwell on the 'why'. His reckless behavior annoyed Law to no end, but left him speechless every time it worked out well.

Despite the fact, that he knew, luck was always on Luffy's side, he worried. Since they reached Zou and found out about Sanji's departure to Whole Cake Island, the plan was obsolete. It lacked of control because of this issue. Luffy and a part of his crew want to sail after Sanji and get him back, Law was supposed to sail on to Wano with the Minks, the Samurai and the remaining Straw hats.

He saw two major problems in this plan: He was not in control of the events in Whole Cake Island and it was Luffy, who was stepping foot into Big Mom's territory. The outcome of this whole operation to get Sanji back will affect everything for the people in Wano and their major goal to take down Kaido. For example: If Luffy declares war against the Big Mom pirates, they have to face two emperors. Kaido and Big Mom. At worst they will try to escape and lead Big Mom to Kaido and the result of a meeting of these two emperors is unpredictable. There are so many 'if's circling around in Law's head, that drove him crazy.

He'd like to think that everything will work out. That Luffy and the others will keep their cover up and move in and out swiftly, grabbing Sanji on their way. But he knew his lover. He knew that something always gets in the way, and nothing would be as easy, as it seems. He went through many different scenarios in his head, but the outcome was always the same. And as much as he trusted Luffy, he refused to take the risk to lose his lover.

He didn't notice that Robin came over and sat next to him until she spoke up.

"Law-kun, what's on your mind? And don't tell me nothing, I can sense it." She asked.

"Tss." He clicked his tongue out of annoyance but answered nonetheless. "This mission gives me a headache. However a scenario I try, it's not working out to our favor."

"How come?"

"Because your captain is a brainless idiot, wreaking havoc wherever he goes and never sticks to a plan." He shouted, frustrated that Luffy was always the unpredictable variable in all possible scenarios. He pulled off his head and tore his hair.

"I get your frustration, but don't you trust him?" Robin put a hand on his shoulder.

"I do. I trust him with my life. I learned that in Dressrosa, but this time it's different. I'm not there to correct any mistake he makes. And I am not willing to lose him..." Law trailed off in the end.