Thorns

I walk around the castle on my crutches god these things are annoying. I am walking around the training room and someone comes up to me. 

"General Aroura, how is your leg?" The boy inquires

"It is better cadet" I smile and continue to walk around.

I hate being injured but I am glad that I am getting a break from duties and such. I walk over to Noah and he sees me and smiles hugging me gently. He pulls me back looking at my face the incident was four days ago so just three more days until I can get rid of these crutches. 

"How's your leg?" He asks me smiling.

"Amazing the pain is all gone!" I say sarcastically and my mom laughs.

"You are so my daughter" My mom exclaims with laughter.

I smile at her and he takes me to walk around the castle. We talk about the mission next week that I need to be healed for, we even tried a healing potion a fucking healing potion did not work!

"Hey, so I raised some money..." I pause for a second and he looks at me a little concerned. "I go enough for your chest surgery I know that you've been binding a lot and I figured after the mission it would be good because you might be running the kingdom one day" I smile at him and he hugs me picking me up. 

"You know I love you so fucking much right?" He asks me 

"You tell me everyday," I smile at him

He smiles at me and kisses me once more. We walk out to the garden, and he helps me walk because crutches aren't that good on grass. We sit down where his mother and I talked a week or so ago I can't remember. He gets an idea and I lose track of him but of course he comes back with a rose. When he hands to me I drop it holding my hand.

"Darling, are you ok?" he asks me rushing over to me

"Yeah, just thorns" I smile at him

"You know roses remind me of you" He smiles

"why?" I ask him with a puzzled look on my face

"Because they are dangerous and can hurt people badly but beautiful and when you get past the thorns gentle" He smiles taking my hand and picking off the thorns. He smiles at me putting the rose behind my ear. "My favorite flower matches you perfectly".

I look at him and feel my face bust into a pink dust. I look away covering my face with my hand. He smiles and removes my hand and makes me face him putting his forehead to mine. 

"My rose, one sharp as thorns and just as beautiful" He whispers and I smile 

Of course, that moment lasted for a few seconds before I hear a gunshot, and a scream that sounds just like the king. Fuck.