Chapter 9

I was awakened by Sherry's alarm clock. I reached over Sherry and turned it off for her.

"Sherry wake it time for school," I shake her a little until she slowly opens her eyes.

"Good morning Sher," I said softly, looking down at her.

"Good morning Claire," she smiled softly, rubbing her eyes. I let out a long sigh and asked her a question.

"Do you really want to go to school today?"

"No but Dad I mean Leon is going to be mean if I don't go to school."

"Will you tell him if you skipped school," I questioned her and she smiled.

"No."

"Then there is your answer. So what is there to do here anyway."

She thought about it before she looked at me with the biggest smile on her face.

"Can we go skating?" She said with so much joy.

"Skating?"

She nodded her head.

"Well, do you know what time they open?"

"Umm. I think they open at 1:30 pm. I'm not sure,"  she thought out loud.

"Well, there's only one way to figure this out."

I sat up in bed to try to find my jacket the I put in Sherry's closet.

"We are going shopping first because I need some new clothes," I chuckled at the last bit as I took my jacket off the hanger and put it on.

"You can take some of Leon's clothes that don't fit him anymore."

"I think Leon's clothes would be too big on me."

There was a small pause.

"I'm going to make breakfast now. Umm get ready to go okay?" I left the room and went downstairs to the kitchen.

"What can I make," I say out loud to myself.

As I was making breakfast Sherry came down with a big small on her face and sat down at the table. I fixed our plate and placed her plate in front of her. I sat right next to her.

"Thank you Claire," she said, digging into her food.

"Your welcome gumdrop," she stopped eating and looked at me with a questionable look.

"What?"

"Gumdrop?"

"You don't like it," I questioned.

"I didn't say that it was just I didn't know you care about me like that because… you left me with Leon," she said sadly, making me stop eating to look at her.

"I do care about you Sherry. That's why I came back to be with you and Leon. But my first reason why I wanted to go to Raccoon City was to find my brother because he's been missing for a while. I will always come back to you because you're part of my family." I smiled at her softly.

"We are?" She said with a smile spread across her face.

"Yeah we are," I chuckled a bit as we started back eating.

"Why was Leon moaning your name when you were not here?" I choked on my orange juice.

"W-what?" I said trying to breathe but finding it hard to.

"Yea he was moaning your name last month when he thought I was sleeping but I heard everything. That I didn't want to hear," she whispered that last bet to herself hoping I would hear over my coughing.

"So Claire, how was your trip to find your brother," she smiled.

"W-we are not just going to skip over what you said Sherry," I said flushed at what she said.

"About how was your trip?"

"No Sherry before that," she gave a confused look.

"What?"

"Sherry," she sighed, giving up.

"What do you want to know?"

"Nothing, just want to know if I heard you right," she nodded.

"Oh you just don't want to talk about it," she said finish her food.

I take her and mine plates to the sink.

"Let's go," I said with a big smile.

"Let's go," she grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the house.

"So how are we going to get to the mall?" She asked.

I hold up Leon's keys to his car.

"Does he know?" I nodded.

"That's why he has his bike right now." 

"Yeah I guess so." 

We got into the car driving to the mall to find me some clothes. Once at the mall we parked Leon's car and went inside.

"Okay where to first," I asked Sherry, taking her hand into mine as we walked farther into the mall.

"Mmm what about that store," she pointed to a store with lingerie in the window.

"Yea not that one," I said, pulling her past  Victoria Secret.

"Why not it looks like something Leon will like to see you wear," she said with a smirk on her cute face.

"Sherry we are not going to talk about this okay," I chuckled feeling a little uncomfortable from what she said.

"I'm just saying,"  the smirk on her face grows bigger than before.

"How do you know these things?"

"I'm 12. Not stupid."

"Yeah okay. So how was school?"

"I'm home schooled," walked in Jc Penny and went straight to the woman's clothes.

"Home school? Why are you home?"

"Two days after you left the government showed up at our doorstep telling me and Leon to pack our things. And we were coming with them. They were going to take me away from Leon if he didn't agree to the turns," she said quickly.

"Oh. I didn't know. That's where he is going everyday for work," she nods her head looking at her feet as we walk around

~~×~~×~~•∆•~~×~~×~~
Don't forget to vote and comment.