Prologue

September 5th, AL 1 - Present Day

(1)"You just HAD to steal the interesting looking jar, didn't you Wren?"

Now the Future War Cult AND the House of Kings were after him, looking to take back this ever so precious material that he had stolen from them.

"What is this thing anyway? And why in the world are these psychos so hell-bent on killing me over it?"

Wren inspected the cylindrical container once more. The glowing black and white mixture inside moved around ever so calmly, as if it was inspecting and analyzing the environment around it. It was almost like the thing had a mind of its own.

The substance was secured inside the container but Wren could still sense the volatility of this enigma he was looking at. The sturdy seal and airlock on the cap of the case was state of the art, meant to hold anything securely. Whatever this
thing was, it wasn't going anywhere as long as the container stayed closed.

"Come on Cayde, now would be a great time for you and Shiro to find me..."

Hiding in abandoned houses outside the Last City wasn't the greatest idea, but it definitely wasn't the worst, that's the only reason he wasn't facing down that creepy Exo Lakshmi and her followers, or sprawled out in a pool of blood in front of Craask, the Kell of the House of Kings. He could sense that something was nearby. Something wicked. Something evil.

Something violent.

Wren had managed to evade the Future War Cult for now, but he was knee deep in the Kings' territory.

And they certainly didn't like visitors.