Part 2 - Confrontation

September 2nd, AL 1 - 10:55 AM - Tower Outskirts

(3) "You sure this is the best time to be showing me a Ramen shop? Isn't there a Vanguard meeting in 15 minutes?"

Shiro knew Cayde, he wasn't about to bail out on showing him his favorite Ramen shop in the Last City, but he felt obligated to make the suggestion.

"Ahh they Il start without me anyway. Besides, I'm pretty sure I overheard Zavala saying the meeting would be some rundown about the House of Kings going against the House of Devils and how it'll affect us somehow."

Cayde was starting to dread being in that meeting room day in and day out, but it was his job after all.

"Well I could've told him about that like a week ago..." Shiro begrudgingly remarked. He was basically the expert on House of Kings activity, his 8-piece stitched cloak of Kings Captains he had killed was proof of that.

"Exactly! Now you know why l ignore half of these stupid things. Besides, Ramen always takes priority."

Shiro muttered to himself, "I'm pretty sure doing something that isn't necessary for Exos shouldn't take priority."

"Well apparently you hate fun... or you just lack a personality."

"Hey!" Shiro gave a small jab into Cayde's ribs.

Cayde always gave Shiro a hard time about his lack of humor, heck he did that with anyone that didn't match his laid back demeanor. Shiro didn't mind, but sometimes he wondered if he was really that boring to be around.

"Am I really that hard to have fun with Cayde?" Shiro got into his own head again.

"Nah, not for me at least, but that's cause I know you well. You just gotta find someone who's more like you."

"More reserved?" Shiro asked,

"Well I was gonna say more of a loner but yeah, that works."

"Wow.... hurtful."

"Ahh you've heard worse." Cayde was right, that's just what happens when you're friends with Cayde. You could be in the middle of a ten to one firefight with the Cabal and Cayde would have some sort of pun that he just made up.

"Here we are!" Cayde enthusiastically approached the shop. The owner gave Cayde a welcoming nod and began cooking away. Shiro sat down next to Cayde and awaited this food that Cayde had been hyping up for weeks. The Ramen was placed in front of them as the two got ready to dig in.

Just then, Cayde's radio went off.

"Cayde, he's back again."

Cayde brought the radio up to his mouth, "The kid?"

"Yup."

Cayde let out a frustrated sigh, "Welp, that kid who stole my knives is back."

Shiro sarcastically responded, "Well it sounds like you should like him."

"Well maybe I would if he didn't steal MY stuff."

(4) Cayde could barely finish his sentence when the thief dashed by them, currently being chased by some regular Tower security members. They were falling behind quickly as per usual.