Part 10 - Dark and Light

================

(30) Everything was hazy and muffled. Deafened sounds of shouting were ringing in his ear.

"What's... happening ...? Where... am I...?" The Exo's thoughts were in a blender, mixing around scrambles and fragments of information. He couldn't think straight. He couldn't think of anything at the moment.

"My name... What's my name...?" The Exo tried to think and focus for more than 3 seconds, but everything was hazy. Everything was slow.

"Swift... my name is Swift..." Slowly pieces of information started to form, but they still felt like a giant scramble of thoughts.

"What was I doing...? I was... running... What was I running from?" Swift was still on his hands and knees, trying to get his head straight. Everything still felt like it was in slow motion. His vision was still blurry. His hearing was still deafened. It was like he was underwater.

"Swift! Get up Swift! We need to go!" The Exo slowly looked up at the Vandal yelling at him, frantically motioning for him to get up.

"Riv... He's my... friend. He's my friend." Larger pieces were beginning to form.

"We were running from... Fallen. The House of Kings!" Swift's mind was starting to catch up, slowly but surely. Words began to paint the picture. Exo. Warmind. Escape. He looked down at his hands and saw the Taken Energy.

"Oh yeah... That's what they wanted..." Swift slowly surveyed the area around him. They were still in the complex. Him and Rivis were pinned down behind a couple of crates. There were two Vandal Snipers pinning them down. Swift was still feeling fuzzy.

"Breathe....... Your name is Swift. You and Riv are trying to escape this complex. You need to focus. His senses slowly began to become clear again. He turned to Rivis, who was catching his breath, reloading and preparing to fend off more Fallen.

"Riv..." Swift said to his friend.

Rivis quickly turned, "Are you ok?"

"I'm ok, ljust... I can't think straight. I can't remember, I cant-" The Exo began to panic. He started looking around frantically. His breathing got quicker. Rivis placed his hands around Swift's head, "Were going to be fine, ok? I'm going to get you out of here. I promise." Rivis was determined to get the Exo out of this facility. After all they'd been through, he couldn't fail him now.

Rivis took a deep breath and peeked over the crate, shooting down the last Vandal Sniper. He exhaled in relief until both him and Swift felt the deep rumbling within the complex. Rivis knew this noise. It chilled him to the bone. He grabbed Swift by the arm.

"We need to go... NOW."

Swift could run but he still stumbled around where he was going. He tripped on one of the stairs on the way up to the exit. "Swift!" Rivis ran back down to help him up.

Rivis grabbed Swift by the hand. As he picked him up the two looked over at the rumbling at the opposite entrance. Rivis shuddered. Swift was frozen in fear.

Craask. The King's Kell.

The Fallen's feet shook the earth as it entered the room. Pure fear and ferocity emanated from its eyes. The two quickly ran up and out of the room as a deafening roar was heard behind them.

Dozens of more Fallen swarmed from behind Craask, chasing down the traitor and the thief with more ferocity than ever. The Kell fired two shots from his Shrapnel Launcher, one of them knocking Swift to the ground. His fight or flight kicked in as he regained his full senses. He quickly turned and drew the sidearm from his holster, quickly dispatching the two closest Dregs. Rivis pulled him up from his shoulders and fired his own shot, taking down a shank on the prowl. He formed another Taken Blight around the next doorway they passed, slowing down most of the pursuing assailants.