Epilogue

September 6th - AL 1

(34) The mountainside was an amazing view.

Swift, Blu, Rivis, and Vetrix sat at the base of the City Wall, watching the beautiful sunset as the two Exos enjoyed some ice cream. Swift and Rivis had quite the busy schedule after all that had happened.

The pair found Cayde, Shiro, and Blu outside the other end of the Terrestrial Complex. The three had to figure out how to peacefully deal with the Future War Cult members who were blocked off by the House of Kings.

"You should've seen it, l've never seen Cayde get so civil and political." Shiro chuckled at his fellow Vanguard Hunter.

"And you won't see it again." Cayde cut in.

Shiro and Cayde went off to present some made up alibi for the whole fiasco while Swift and Blu joined Rivis to go find his fellow Eliksni friend. Vetrix was patiently waiting in the scouting cave when he rushed out to give Rivis a huge hug. The Marauder was giddy at the opportunity to make some new friends.

Vetrix and Blu became best buddies almost immediately. They would lay down and watch the clouds together, pointing out all the objects and animals they saw. They had competitions like seeing who could land a butterfly on their finger first. Vanilla, Blu's Ghost, especially loved telling them stories that he'd heard from Guardians about all the beautiful planets.

Swift and Rivis admired the sunset and the vibrant colors reflecting off of the clouds.

Rivis turned to the Exo. "Well, I hope you don't get too busy up there as a Guardian. I know you'll visit us... wherever me and Vetrix end up going, but I'm still going to miss you." The Vandal reached into a bag that he had brought with him.

"I wanted to give you a little "parting" gift..." Rivis handed the cloak to Swift. "I made it myself so I hope it isn't too bad."

Swift held the cloak out in front of him. "Riv, this is... this is amazing!" The cloak was tattered at the bottom and was a beautiful pearl white. The collar had a soft fur lining on the back and the hood fit perfectly.

"Thank you Riv!" Swift hugged the Vandal after putting on his new Hunter cloak. He stood up in front of Rivis as if to present something of his own.

"Now I hate to be the person who tries to "one up" your gift but... I think you'll like it this time." Swift began to walk towards the base of the wall. He turned to the three companions who were all watching him now.

"Well c'mon, follow me."

The Exo motioned everyone over.

"Swift, why are we going inside the wall?" Rivis trusted Swift, but he knew he STILL had plenty of bad ideas.

"It's a surprise..." The Exo didn't even break stride.

The three followed Swift through a bunch of back alleys and tunnels that led them to the base of the Tower, but at a building hidden behind it, an old storage facility. "This is where the fun part begins." Swift opened up a secret hatch that led to a hallway. The crew went up a couple of floors until they reached another door. The door led to a hallway that looked similar to an apartment complex. It looked like someone had cleaned the place up for people to live in. Swift led them to yet another secret door and through a dark hallway. The Exo abruptly stopped them when they reached the end of the corridor as he slowly opened up the door in front of them.

Both Rivis and Vetrix stopped in their tracks as they stared at a giant room made just for them. It had everything they needed, including decorations that Blu spent hours working on. He even got some of the decorations from Rivis old apartment to put in here.

"So... whatcha think?" Swift could barely contain his excitement.

Rivis turned around and embraced the Exo, tears running down his face.

"Thank You so much Wren."

"It's the least I could do Riv." The two enjoyed the moment while Vetrix scurried around the room, gawking at all of the decorations while Blu showed them off to him.

Vetrix looked over at Swift and interjected. "Wait a minute..."

He turned to Blu and pointed at his yellow eye,
and then turned back to Swift. "Were like a team now! You need to have some yellow for like... a symbol!"

(35) Swift chuckled. "Well... be my guest."

Vetrix immediately ran over to some paint buckets that were left over from the decorating. He dipped his fingers into a yellow can and scurried over to Swift. He flicked his hand towards Swift's faceplate as the paint splattered across his left eye. Swift recoiled his head back slightly at the surprise.

The Marauder shyly took a couple of steps back. "d-... do you like it?"

Swift couldn't help but giggle at Vetrix's surprise. "I love it buddy!" Vetrix joined in on the laughter as Swift gave him a hug. "Now I'll have a constant reminder of you guys."

Swift looked up as he remembered the last detail of the room. "Oh! One more thing."

He walked over to the ladder in the corner of the room and climbed up, opening a hatch in the roof. The group was greeted by Cade and Shiro, who were waiting outside to welcome the two Eliksni to their secret little apartment spot, along with the best sunset view you could get besides the Tower. They stood in a small little hut that was on the corner of the complex and next to Swift's own apartment. "We've got a little transmat area for you guys to come and go from. The other end of it's on the southeast corner of the City Wall and well hidden so you shouldn't have any trouble getting to and fro."

The group hung out in this little hut for hours and talked about the adventure they had all been on for the past few days. Eventually Cayde and Shiro went back to their Vanguard duties and Vetrix and Blu went back into the room. Swift and Rivis continued to admire the stars before heading off to sleep.

Rivis turned to Swift before heading back down into his room. "Thank you again Wren, you've changed my life."

Swift chuckled. "Well, thank you for saving mine." The Hunter nodded as the two went to bed, ready for whatever the next day would bring.