Part 4 - First Mission

September 4th, AL 1 - 9:27 AM.

(11)  "Congrats "Swift", you just got your first mission kiddo."

"Wow... Shiro got on that fast didn't he?"

"Oh you have no idea, just about every Hunter knows you by that now. You've been unofficially adopted by the Hunters. You're the talk of the town around here."

Wren started to turn a little red in the face. He was honestly flattered by how nice the Hunters around the Tower had been to him. He'd also caught up with some of his friends in the Tower. He had a nice conversation about weapon modifications with Banshee, met up with Nova for the first time since the whole knife stealing fiasco, and even caught up with Hawthorne. She had visited Wren's town quite a few times over the years, even gave him a poncho for the rain one time.

Cayde had given him the news while he was helping Amanda fix a sparrow. The racing League was still in full swing so he had something productive to do during the day. Wren had been pretty busy recently, helping wherever he could. He became quite the mechanic with his past experience inventing things in his own garage. Him and Holliday had even been working on the blueprint for an experimental jetpack, something that would be very useful to him without the light.

Wren looked up at Cayde to hear the details about his new mission, "Did Zavala find me a partner?"

"Yup, he's one of my fresh Hunters. He's a new light so, take it easy on him will ya?" Cayde gave Wren a pat on the shoulder and a wink as he walked back towards the courtyard.

"You'll meet him out near the courtyard in about 20 minutes." Cayde stopped and turned around. "I know you're ready for this but, be careful out there ok?"

"You got it." Wren gave him a sarcastic thumbs up before returning to fixing the sparrow. Cayde turned to Wren one more time before going up the stairway.

"Oh! And one more thing, check your room, left a little gift for ya."

Wren turned to Holliday, "You think you can manage the rest of this?"

"No problem! You just worry about that mission of yours, kid."

Wren made his way up to his room before he met his new partner in the courtyard. He walked up the catwalk and up to his makeshift home. There it was, sitting on the edge of his bed. A Knucklehead Radar helmet.

Wren giddily picked it up and admired the holographic projection on the front. He took in a deep breath of joy and put on the rest of his gear before heading up to the courtyard.

Wren spotted an Exo Hunter near the railing of the Tower, looking around for his new partner. Wren made his way into the courtyard and approached him.

"Hey! Nice to meet you Swift! I can call you that, right?" The Exo had a Silver head frame with two different colored eyes, one yellow one blue. He stood relaxed and had a very gleeful complexion, might have been a side effect of being a new light but Wren could tell he was a generally upbeat person.

"Hey, Swift is just fine. Can I call you Switch?"

"You can call me Blu, it's what most people call me." The New Light smiled in excitement.

"Sounds like a plan. So where we headed off to?"

Blu summoned his Ghost as a holoprojection emitted from its lens. "Were gonna scout out the Skywatch in the Cosmodrome. Apparently the House of Kings have been kinda sneaky up there recently."

Wren was familiar with the Cosmodrome, but had never been able to explore it given it was on another continent. "Alright, let's do it." Wren finished gearing up as he boarded Blu's ship.