♡Tidal Crash♡ Merman Volo x Reader

Hey guys im down bad for Volo again!

God help me-

◇ - Some descriptions of injuries but they're not that serious

♡ - The title was inspired by Tidal Rush from Splatoon 2, at this point I think all my titles will come from songs... am I becoming one of those authors?

---------------------------

There was something about the water that called to them, something about how the waves crashed onto shore that drew them to it. Ever since they were little every visit to the beach just made them love it more. 

(Y/N) lived in a tourist destination filled with beach goers during the summer time, and when it wasn't summer... well the town was quiet, and peaceful. As a tour guide it was obvious which time of the year they prefered. Unfortunately it was not that time and they were stuck having to deal with tourist yelling at them for pretty much just existing. Which is precisely why their breaks were always spent at a more private part of their favorite beach, allowing them time to just sit and stare at the water as they ate lunch. 

"You're going to the beach... again? Didn't you say you wanted privacy?" Akari asked one day as the small group of them, her and Rei walked down the sidewalk. "I always go to the rockier shores, no one goes there because they don't want to swim in a place like that." They responded with a curt eye roll. "No one but mermaids maybe." Rei said, a hint of a laugh as he spoke. "Oh shush, mermaids aren't real." They rolled their eyes once again, giving him a small shove as they chuckled. "And if they are they're only to grab some cash from gullible people." Akari laughed, "I don't know (Y/N), have you ever seen a mermaid? the ocean is still a mystery to us people." 

"Have you ever seen a mermaid?" They replied, "I mean... what are the chances a half fish half human exists. As weird as the ocean is I find it hard to believe." Rei shrugged, "Well I guess if one of us could say that it would be the one who stares at the ocean all day." They chuckled, "What? It's calming, especially after I've been yelled at by three different people for not babysitting their kids, even though I said that 'this isn't a daycare this is a tourism center' but what do they care?"

"I genuinely don't know how you can put up with people like that, if I was in your shoes I would've been fired already." Akari chuckled, placing a hand on her hip, "I count my lucky stars that you two took those positions before I was hired." Rei shook his head, "Well it's not easy, you got lucky they needed someone to assist Cylene at the front desk or you would be where we are." 

"Okay, okay shut up you two." They laughed, walking ahead of the two, "I'm going to my usual spot, have fun bickering." They left with a wave as they rushed to the beach they spent most of their time at, the one with all the gorgeous rocks that were fun to climb and jump off of, they would know since that's how they spent some of their time there. And luckily it was hidden from most people by rock formations. 

Now, they just had to get their lunch out and- 

"Hello there stranger!" "AAH-" They jumped, eyes quickly glancing around before finding themselves fixed on a man perched on a rock. "I'm sorry, I guess I scared you huh?" He chuckled, resting his chin on his hand. 

They had to be honest... he was pretty attractive, blonde hair tied in a bun, the front parted over one eye, the visible one being a beautiful shade of silver. They blushed a little, both from embarrassment and from how pretty he was. "I- its okay, I'm not used to people coming into this area." He chuckled, "Ah, that explains it. I suppose I've invaded your space." They shook their head, "No, it's fine um..." They tilted their head, "Oh, Volo! My name is Volo, nice to meet you...?" "(Y/N)." He nodded, "Nice to meet you, (Y/N)."