five

⋆ five ⋆ 

⋆ five ⋆ 

Madison Kennedy whacks her alarm clock with the force of a thousand armies when it goes off at six in the morning, alerting her to the coming day of exhaustion. It takes a few extra minutes – and by that, she means half an hour – of lying down and trying to grasp the remains of the dream she was having, her mom out of prison at last.

Yeah, like that's going to end up happening soon. No matter how close she thinks she is, nothing in her project seems to be working out. The moment one problem is solved, another comes to light, dragging on and on. She's been working on this for the better part of ten years now. When will it finally be over?

Maybe her mom's right. Maybe she should give up and just live her life. It's been nearly twenty years.

No. She can't. Her mom doesn't deserve to be punished for something she didn't do. She might have given up already, but Madison isn't so quick to do the same.

Slipping her earphones in, her Imagine Dragons playlist starting with Wrecked, she gets to the bathroom and starts getting ready, brushing her teeth, getting changed, making coffee. Finishing up with the last bit, she pulls a mini tub of ice cream out of the freezer, dropping it onto the counter beside the coffee and sending Peter a photo.

bug bastard 💩

mad scientist 🔬

wouldn't you like to be me rn

unhealthy? no thanks

are you going to the gym this morning

lmao

XD

you're paying for a gym membership for 0 reason

I'm gonna go eventually

today is just not the right day

you say that every day

and one morning it'll feel right

but that day is not today

are you at school already

yeah marking

loser

you're the one that wanted to play video games last night

you should've marked it two weeks ago when they gave their tests in

I procrastinated

it's normal

don't shame me

too late