♔ PAGE 1 ♔

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

In a bustling market, it is common to see a large number of people, often exceeding 200, making it difficult to count. The noise level is so high that even shouting is not effective.

While observing the scene, I noticed shopkeepers engaging in transactions with customers, with some bargaining over prices. This is a common occurrence in such markets.

I was breathing normally as stood in front of a fruit shop front of a wooden basket of red apples. I picked one up and closed my eyes to savor its fragrance.

Meanwhile, the shopkeeper was engrossed in a conversation with another customer, completely unaware that I had taken an apple from the basket.

I stood there with that red fruit in my hand until he finished talking to customer.

The man was old and had a rag twisted over his head, but the shop was not inside a brick building, every shop here was on the pavement.

Old man has not yet noticed me. He takes water from a steel bucket under his palm and sprinkles it over the fruits to keep them fresh.

Maybe he doesn't understand why I'm standing among so many people so I have to be the first speaker.

"Uncle How much are these eight apples?

The old man looks around, maybe he is calculating, His brows were furrowed and serious.

"5 coins"

Hearing the man's words, my eyes went up to the sky.

"Why? A few days ago it was four, why now one more!" I say in an incredulous voice.

"It's fixed price if you need to take it then you can otherwise if don't need" Said in a serious voice with raised eyebrows.

"A penny can not be reduced?" I say disappointed.

"Look, sir, that's what I told yo-"

Finally the man looks at me and locks his gaze, I smile at him and he does the same.