♔ PAGE 16 ♔

P R I N C E S S

I'm sinking into the water, yet why? I know how to swim. But here I am, waiting for Jungkook, just to see how he will save me. As I deliberately sink further, I feel a strong arm wrap around my waist from behind.

Finally-

Falling into the water with a tree trunk was certainly not what I expected, but what has happened or is happening seems to be for the best. Since the pond isn't dug too deeply, I can find footing for my toes on the surface.

Jeon Jungkook is still pulling me up with all his might, but I remain limp, feigning unconsciousness. Eventually, he brings me to the shore and lays me down on the dock.

I'm aware that my body's contours are quite discernible through the wet clothes, but I'm confident he would never look at me with a distorted view. He kneels beside me. I slightly open my eyes to see his worried, broken expression, as if he's on the verge of crying like a child.

"Princess, open your eyes, please," he gently pats my cheek. "No no no," he mutters, while I'm fully trying to suppress my laughter.

"Shit!" he exclaims in frustration, perhaps going to call the maids for help, but when I grab his wrist, he immediately turns to me with a startled look.

"Princess, I am so sorry, I truly didn't realize-please forgive me."

I'm still lying on the dock under the open sky, and his remorseful face, his repentant voice, everything is echoing in my ears. He wants to help me sit up, but being a princess, he can't touch me without my permission.

"I really-Princess, believe me-"

Before Jeon Jungkook can finish, I push him away, and he stumbles backward, hitting his head on the hard planks of the dock. Before he can groan in pain, I press down on his face, climbing over him, though my leg is still beside him.

A sharp intake of breath may be the first visible sign, as if he's been physically struck, and his shoulders may hunch up slightly as he tenses in response. It's a jarring experience, one that snaps him out of any wandering thoughts and forces him to refocus his attention on the unexpected development.