♔ PAGE 7 ♔

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The surroundings were utterly tranquil. Following her dispute with Prince Taehyung, Jiwie made her way to the royal library the subsequent day.

Though it was her personal library, had been proclaimed a royal haven, brimming with an assortment of books. Upon her entrance, Jiwie encountered an elderly man, his snores echoing through the space, his neck awkwardly angled against the chair.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Library Keeper?" Her voice pierced the silence, startling the old man into wakefulness. His eyes narrowed as he turned, only to find Princess Jiwie standing beside him, arms crossed behind her back, leaning slightly forward with a radiant smile.

"Have I disturbed your slumber?" Jiwie inquired softly. In contrast, the library keeper, flustered, rose hastily, bowing his head in a gesture of respect, and straightened up, shaking his head as if to clear it.

"Princess, I am here. My sincerest apologies for having dozed off," the old man stammered. Without a word, Jiwie's gaze drifted to the towering shelves lined with books. She moved away from the desk, taking a few steps back. "Princess, have you come in search of something?" he asked, returning her attention to him with a sidelong glance.

"Actually, I am looking for the book of royal decrees. Do you know where it currently resides?"

"Of course, Princess. Please wait here a moment; I shall retrieve it for you. It's carefully stored inside a chest, separate from the other volumes."

With a nervous chuckle and a bow, the keeper vanished into the rows of bookshelves. Jiwie, not one to wait, picked up a fantasy novel titled 'Queen Medusa' from beside her. Curiosity piqued, she was about to flip open the first page when the library keeper called out to her, book in hand.

Jiwie returned the fantasy novel to its place with a gracious smile and accepted the tome of royal lineage rules. Though she said nothing, she knew her task was complete. Now, it was time to afford the princess some solitude, and so her departed.

Yet, her curiosity remained. She had once read this very book at the age of fourteen while abroad, for a royal ceremony, and had not touched it since-a memory nearly eight years old, now faded. But it seemed she would have to peruse the entire volume once more, in search of a particular rule.

Despite the book's size, each thick page bore only a single rule, elevating its significance. Nevertheless, Jiwie continued her search until, at last, she found what she was looking for.

56. The king's daughter or any prominent female member of the royal family is prohibited from marrying outside their own state. If she chooses to marry a son from the same family, regardless of his age, it must be done to preserve the integrity of the state. Furthermore, the father of the bride will ascend to the throne as the king.