one

I'm Journey Matthews.
(picture at top)

No my real name is not Journey, when they found me they never got my mom to talk so she never told them my name. and neither did I.

I resisted them as much as I could but they still took me from her.

They call me the trouble kid, always getting kicked out of the foster homes. I've been with this family for a few months now but I guess I set them off so I'm moving... again. this time from Oregon to California.

I'm 17, about 5'6. I cut my hair to my shoulders when I was 15, then dyed it blue which is fading so my naturally bleach blonde is coming back. I have baby blue eyes. no I don't smoke, or do drugs, or drink. I'm just bad in general. my theory is that if my mom didn't want me, then no one will. so why try?

I'm leaving in three days.
-------

I hear a knock on my door and I grunt letting them know they can come in.

My foster mom walks in with black coffee handing it to me. she knows it's my favorite.

"You packed?" She asks and I grab my coffee not looking up from my computer. "ya" I say annoyed sipping.

"Look Journey I know your mad-"

"Oh you do now" I say rolling my eyes

"Come on sweetie-" I look up seeing her in her stripped pajamas with messy clipped up hair. her black eyes staring at me.

"Don't call me that." I say pissed off. Then back at youtube.

"Fine" she storms out

"And don't act like you don't know why we are doing this! You know perfectly well young lady!" She yells through the door.

"Ya ya ya" I quiver and keep scrolling. My door opens again. "what" I groan thinking it's her. my foster brother walks in.

"Journey mom wants to know if you are ok" I raise my eyebrow "really" I say annoyed

"Well no... I did" he says sitting on my floor. his names Edward. he's 11, nice kid.

"I'm fine Ed" I say rolling my eyes he sighs and nods

"It's gonna be lonely around here without you. the rest of them are no fun" he laughs

"Out of every home I've been in youve been the nicest to me" I say smiling at him

"Really?" He asks standing I nod

He comes over and kisses my head "I'm gonna miss you Journey" he says sadly I nod again. he leaves.

They don't tell me who I'm moving in with when i move, so I have no idea where I'll end up. He shuts my door and I get up going in my suitcase and grabbing my nike pros and sliding them on with my sports bra. I tie up my hair and a few short pieces in the back fall out.

I grab my doorknob contemplating wether she deserves an apology. I open it walking slowly down the hall. I hear her and my foster dad talking. she's crying.

"She hates us Frank" she whispers and I lean my head on the doorway. he rubs her back "it's ok Dianne she dosent hate you" he says she cries more and I look down knocking slowly. they both jump up and turn

I walk slowly inside and look up crossing my arms. "hey" I say biting my cheek

They look away "im sorry" I say quietly she looks at me "really" she asks I nod and she breaths out coming over to hug me.

"Don't make me go" I whisper she rubs my head and kisses it

"I'm sorry Journey"