18

I need to get outta here. What time is it anyway? I look at the clock and it reads 4:27am

Nice.

I take out my friends tshirt and Adidas running pants as I open my garbage bag in the side of my room I pull out a little box that has been taunting me for a while now and my phone and I head out the back door.

I go on a walk through the little town and see homeless people, drunks, heartbroken, and strippers. Again classy.

I begin to see the boardwalk and I kick off my berks and walk in the moist sand from the rain. I see a broken and battered bench on the walk and I decide to have a seat, I look at the little metal piece on the back and read it.

In memory of Jenny kraig a loving wife and mother.

I sigh and sit on the wet wood and look out at the sea.

I glance down at my pocket and stick my long red fingernails inside grabbing the sweet sticks of forgetfulness.

I take one out and look at it examining it slowly the brown end taunting my mouth. I slide it in and take out my silver navy lighter quickly setting flame to the end.

I inhale the smoke and hold the stench in my mouth, trying to look cool for any hookers who may be passing by.

I cough it out and shake my head waking me up.

I go to take another swig and a hand comes on my shoulder, I glance up and see him.

"You didn't just smoke that did you" he asks disappointed

"I did and I happened to enjoy it" I say lying

"Your lying" damn

"You caught me" I say throwing my hands up letting the cigarette hit the cold wood of the walk.

He sighs and sits next to me.

There is an unforgiving silence for almost eternity

"Closure? Really" he whispers

I shrug

"How'd you know I was gonna be here"

"You kept looking at this bench while we were at the beach"

He takes the cigarettes out of my hand and lights one.

"Hey what are you doing?"

"I said you shouldn't have one- not me" he laughs

"But-"

"Don't ask questions just watch the sunrise"

He says turning my face to the melting sky

"Alright" I say trying to focus on it. It was pretty I have to admit.

"You know what we should do"

"What"

I kiss him intently and let go smacking my lips.

"Woah that works for me" I laugh

"Maybe we can just do that! All the time... No relationship or commitment just...kissing.. A lot"

"Kissing buddies?"

"Yea! Kissing buddies"

"And maybe a little more...?"

"Maybe" I say grinning and kissing him again.

Oh no what have I done