ten

Kians pov

Dancing.

We are dancing.

Tracing our steps as we make circles around her lit up room.

I don't wanna love somebody else comes on.

I pull her into my chest and she laughs as I put my hand on her bony like waist. She sighs and I feel a buzzing in my pocket. she pulls away, and I pull out my phone. Andreas calling me. why now? I look back at Journey who's eyes fell on my phone. she looks up at me and opens her hands as if to say go ahead. I pick up and turn around.

"Yo" I say into the phone

"Hey babe, you wanna come over?" She giggles and I roll my eyes

"Nah not today" she sighs

"What's with you lately? You seem distant ever since that gross girl came around" she snarles and I hang up turning back around

"Now where wer-" Shes not there. an empty bed lays in front of me. I raise my eyebrow

"Journey?" I ask into the silence I walk out the door and up the steps skipping every other. I walk into the kitchen and then the living room seeing her sitting on the couch with the remote as a recording of Saturday night live is on, a skit by Chris Rock is on she laughs at a crude joke he makes.

I leap over the leather couch and plop down. she looks over at me and then rolls her eyes glancing back at the tv. I shrug and cough to get her attention.

She looks over at me "you wanna do that thing you were talking about earlier?" She smiles and jumps up

"Alrighty" I laugh

We race to the car and jump in "where exactly are we heading" I ask

She points forward "TO THE HAIR SALON" I laugh and nod

******************************************

We arrive and she takes a seat in one of the chairs and I go to the waiting area.

Journeys pov

I want to change up my look. I ask the lady to take out the blue and put in my original blonde then cut it a bit more and put pink on the ends. she fixes my part and ties it back half up and half down. (pic at top)

I get up and thank her as I walk to Kian who's on his phone. I cough and he looks up and smiles at me. "wow" he says and I look down embarrassed "so do you like it?"

"I really do. it looks great journey"

There's a silence that seems to last forever.

"Wanna go somewhere fun?" He says breaking the quiet. I smile lightly and nod as we go to drive. can't feel my face comes on and he sings.

We pull into a small parking lot and in front of me is a ginormous beach. the sand is white and the water is as blue as my eyes. I look down as my heart drops. he opens the door and jumps out and starts to jog and I slowly get out. he looks back as his smile slowly fades.

"What's up?" He asks and I shake my head

"I don't have a swim suit" I say and lie obviously knowing that I can run to the beach shop and get one and not wanting him to tell him the real reason I don't want to go in.

"Then let's go to the shop" he grabs my arm and yanks me to the Hawaiian built store. we walk in and the scent of coconut hits my nose. "aloha!" The lady at the front yells "aloha" I say to her back nervously.

We gaze through the little suits and one catches my eye. I laugh at it and pick up the black two piece. The top across the boobs say dope in white cursive and the bottoms are string.

I hand it to him. "this one?"

"This one" he laughs and hands it back.

"You go change and I'll pay." I nod and walk to the curtains in the back. I breath out and in slowly as I change.

I put on the suit and my flannel hanging loosely on. I walk out and hold the rest of my clothes and run fastly out to the car as I throw the clothes in and jog back.

How am I going to tell him

I can't swim.