7. "i'm sorry"

July 24th

DAISY's POV

What Scarlett said to me yesterday really got me thinking. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that she's right. All I've done is be ungrateful and cold to Lizzie.

I desperately don't want to risk getting too close to her, for three reasons.

One, I could get attached and she could leave in a heartbeat.

Two, there's an awful lot that she could find out about me which I don't particularly want.

Three, if I start viewing her as the mother figure I've always wanted, I'll never not.

So hopefully, we can just keep the conversation casual and nothing too deep.

For the first time since I started this job, I walk up the steps to her trailer and give a light knock to the door.

Out comes Lizzie, handbag in one hand and keys to her trailer in the other.

"Oh. Hi, Daisy," she smiles, I smile back. "I was just about to go out to get some food. Did you need something?"

Despite my lack of effort to form any sort of relationship with her, she's still so generous.

"Actually, i-if you still wanted to... I'll join you," I say in a quiet voice, afraid that it may be too late. But her reply tells me differently.

"Of course! I'd really like that. It's about a fifteen minute walk from here, are you okay with that or would you rather I drive?"

"I'm good with walking," I assure her. Getting into her car this early on in building something with her probably isn't a good idea. "Hey..." I say curiously as I get a glimpse of the items on the counter in her trailer. "That book. The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse. I have it, too."

I'm not sure why I felt the need to point that out. But it's casual convo, right? Nothing too personal.

"Ah, yeah! I really like that book," she agrees as she locks up her trailer and we start heading out of the trailer lot and to the gates in which we exit set. "I actually purchased that when I had a little mental health fall about a year ago. It's very wholesome."

I look up to her with widened eyes when I hear that she struggled, or still does, with her mental health. I had no idea.

But that isn't something to get into, because that's too personal.

"So, tell me. What do you do for fun?" Lizzie starts up a discussion whilst we're walking to whichever place she was planning on going to before I joined.

"I don't know," I answer honestly, "I'm not someone who really has a hobby. I mean, I quite like watching scenes from movies or TV shows and then making self-tapes of reenactments of the scene. That's sort of how I found my love for acting."

Something seems different when I talk to Lizzie than when I talk to other people. She listens, like really listens, and she seems genuinely interested by what I have to say and asks follow-ups only on the subject in which we're talking about. I think that goes to show that she's figured out that I'm not the biggest fan of talking about anything personal.

After fifteen minutes, like she said, we arrive at McDonald's.

This woman is a millionaire and she goes for McDonald's? Talk about modest.

"Is this where famous actors go for food now?" I chuckle, she smiles brightly at my laugh.

"You have a cute little giggle. And who says we need anything fancy? Sometimes even famous actors need a ton of deep-fried crap. And we hit it just after the crazy lunch hour so there shouldn't be any hassle from anyone."