Forty Seven

Irl moment here. ^ does this look like a smushed kidney to you?

TW: Fluff <3

Pine didn't know where they were.

Oh, wait, never mind! Hermits surrounded them as watchers invaded.

And then Naya and Grian both were whisked away by a watcher.

'For the love of— are you kidding me?' Pine thought bitterly.

The battle had stopped at some point but Pine wasn't sure if it would every truly stop.

They wanted their friends back.

She wanted to feel normal again.

"Where are you guys?"

Footsteps sounded behind them and she looked up to see Bdubs heading towards her. In all honesty, they expected for him to walk by but instead he sat down beside her.

"It's different without them isn't it?"

Pine kept silent. She was still nervous around the hermits. It had been what, a few weeks, maybe a month now? They finally mustered up the courage to respond. "Yeah...it really is."

Pine would be the last one to admit this but they were probably the one who didn't have many interactions with the hermits at all. Frog with Cleo, Naya with Grian, Ember with Cub...

She sighed and looked back at Bdubs. "Sorry, spaced out for a moment." Bdubs nodded and looked toward the setting sun. "It's going to be night soon..." he wished out a bed and began furiously clicking it. Even though Pine had seen him do this many of times, they still had to stifle her giggles.

"Don't laugh at me! You'll thank me when the phantoms are gone! Hey—!" Bdubs yelped when his bed was destroyed. Pine chuckled with the bed in hand and slowly walked away from the shorter hermit. Bdubs playfully began to chase her as they ran around the hills clearing.

"What are you two doing?!" And enraged voice called.

Pine and Bdubs both stopped and met the furious gaze of Scar.