Sixty Eight

TW: Mention of Suicide, Mention of Death, and the void.

"What do you know about possession?"

Joe paused. He knew about a lot of things, yes, but possession was one of them he lacked in. But he simply couldn't disappoint Naya so he grabbed some books, set down, and began to read.

Pine blinked. They had been in this space for how long? It seemed like limbo but she wasn't dead. They hummed along with the SCV anthem as they wander the space. It was white and seemingly endless, like one of Grian's infinity rooms. They ran their hand against a... wall? Before feeling a door handle beneath it. She blinked in surprise and opened the door.

Outside of whatever room she had been in was the void. As cold as ice and unlike the infinity room, it was endless. Pine felt the room behind them disappear as she spun around, looking for that hand— it was gone.

The void felt how fanfics had described it. Cold, empty, and painful. The cold crept along Pine's arms as they curled in on herself. It was too cold, the feeling like small knives scraping them with every movement.

This wasn't freedom...
Why had she been so stupid?!

Pine felt tears fall as she remembered back to all the things she had done.
She'd tried to off herself thinking it would help, killed Scar, watched Scar, Ember, Frog, Naya, Grian, Pearl, and Cub be taken, watched as Impulse, False, and Jevin died, and now she'd abandoned them.

And for what? Her own desires?
This was fine. She deserved it. She can live with this...

But deep down, they hoped someone would come. Or that the void would kill them so they could respawn.