Sixty Two

Can I just say
1) Sorry this took so long! Longer chapter for the trouble <3
2) I love Bdubs and c!Pine's relationship in this, it's so cute (platonic of course)

TW: Death, Mutation, Loss of Sanity, and Bdubs breaking the fourth wall

All Naya saw was white. Then blue.

The sky was cloudless as stretched above Hermitcraft for miles. It normally would calm most but Naya was panicked, her wings bristling behind her. Where was Frog? The hermits? She looked around, taking in the abandoned shopping district before hearing yelling.

"I told you, I don't know where they are!"
"Yes you do, Bdubs!"
"That was 15 chapters ago!"

Naya blinked. Frog, Pine, Ember?
...where had everyone gone?
She walked over to the group yelling and a stunned silence fell over them. Cleo was the first and wrapped the smaller avian in a tight hug. A tear escaped the orders eyes but Naya wouldn't comment on it. She'd rather keep her kneecaps thank you very much.

"Where is everyone?" She asked. Cleo tightened their hold on Naya, almost as if she feared she would die again. (That was an odd statement. It felt weird to admit she died and came back). "Naya..." the zombie hybrid stepped back and Naya could see the tiredness in her eyes. It reflected in all the hermits eyes. They wanted this to be over with as little casualties as possible.

Who was left? (Please correct me if any of these are wrong)
Naya, Cleo, Gem, X, Bdubs, Joe, Hypno, xB, Keralis, Tango, Zed, Wels, Stress, Doc, Mumbo, Iskall, Beef, Etho, Ren, Pearl, Lizzie, Martyn, Joel, FWhip, Jimmy, Oli, Sausage, Katherine, Shubble, Pix, Joey, Scott, Scar...
And Jevin, Impulse, False,, Pine, Ember, Frog, and Cub, were gone.

"Are they dead?" Her voice came out as a whisper. "We... we don't know." Cleo admitted. Naya looked around the crumbling buildings and tattered remains of the shopping district. It was so different from the beginning. Naya inhaled a shaky breath. 'Why did I have to die? I could have helped them...'

Somewhere else, a dragon roared and a vex swore. "Ember!" Cub tried to help them, he really did but there was nothing left of the Ember he knew. Cub looked at the dragon as it attacked him once again. He cursed and ran. The one thing he was sure of was this: Ember was gone. And they weren't coming back.

Pine blinked. They expected the purple robes of a watcher or green of a listener. But it was just white. Blank. She looked at herself and saw she was wearing the same clothes but clean. Purple hoodie, grey sweats. But they weren't bloodstained like last time. Their sword wasn't with them so the hermits still had that. Pine felt a jolt go through them. She wanted to hold everyone and tell them it would be ok and help them. But an ache in her chest told her it would happen.
She thought back to her few months on the server. She missed them all. But they would be ok without them. They could do this... right? Or had they made a mistake? The skulk was not an enemy to take lightly, neither were the watchers or vex's. But... they were just a human.

She inhaled. What good could a human do against a god?