Chapter 3

The bowl of rice and mushroom chilly Jungkook had cooked didn't seem appealing at all and you kept mixing the food with a spoon not even eating a morsel. The scene you had witnessed had deeply bothered you and you had begun to question not just your fiance but your best friend.

Keeping his spoon on the table Jungkook simply carried you on his lap from your chair and put his hand under your chin to make you look at him.

"Not hungry?" he asked slightly kissing your cheeks.

"Something is bothering you?" he repeated himself and when he got no response he let out a huff in slight concern.

"We will be getting married in a few months now. You need to learn to trust in me, love. I feel like there is a part of you that I can't reach out to. Baby open up to me." He pleaded gently.

You locked your eyes with him but no words escaped. You didnt know where to begin. But your past was like a box you had locked and buried never wishing to open it again. Though once in a while certain incidents triggered you, you didnt wish to venture deeper and dig the dirt. It wasn't that you didn't want to say him about how your alcoholic dad used to beat you and your mom, how your stalker even went as far as to sleep on the same bed with you. How the paralyzing fear would make you immobile and how you never stopped the stalker from touching you whose face was always hidden behind the mask.

Most importantly how would you say that the same stalker had killed your dad and burned a girl from your class alive?

Jungkook was golden, everything about him was perfect and you didn't want him to lose this perfect image that he had of you. You had never let him meet any of your old friends besides Taehyung for the same reason because you were afraid that what would he think of you if he found that you had been in rehab for six months.

You didn't want him to see you as a psycho.

That was a part of you that you weren't willing to share with anyone.

Though the doubts and fear clouded your mind you decided to take your time and directly confront Taehyung about what you heard.

Giving him a big smile you said, "You're worrying too much. I was just thinking, what would happen to those girls if I hadn't seen those guys spiking their drink."

His shoulder's visibly loosened up at your words. "I love you and I'm so proud of you." He kissed you passionately and then took turns eating the rice while feeding you.

For a week, you tried to gather courage to talk with Taehyung but something within you always stopped you from doing so. Ultimately, you decided to respect Taehyung's privacy and forget about it for the sake of your friendship. If he didnt want to talk about his feelings it wasn't right to force him into doing so. Although you gave him several hints that you were aware of his feelings.

For the weekend, Jimin had organized a small get-together at his home for close friends and cousins. So, being Jungkook's fiancee, you were invited and you reached there early to help with everything since his on-and-off girlfriend Seoah had requested your assistance.

Despite being well-off, the boys weren't extravagant so they enjoyed managing functions themselves. When you reached Jimin's apartment Seokjin and Hoseok, who was a friend of your boyfriend and his cousins, and their wives were already helping Jimin in the kitchen.

Even though they weren't helping, Yoongi and Taehyung were sprawled on the couch.

Namjoon, a famous lawyer and another close friend had come to help but for some reason wasn't allowed inside the kitchen. Therefore he was on the couch with Taehyung eating snacks your bestie had stolen from the kitchen.