Ivy

I bit my lip, slowly walking through the aisles in the store, picking up whatever snacks I wanted to have. I looked behind me, immediately connecting with dark blue eyes that were watching me. Schalk was leaning against his Bentley, sitting on the hood with a cigarette between his lips, his eyes hooded and watching me like they always did. His stare was so intense, it made me feel hot. I could tell what he was thinking– could see the hunger behind those orbs for me. 

He was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a black graphic tee, the shades that he had been wearing were on my face because I thought they were cool and wanted to wear them myself. The petrol attendant was filling up the tank, the Engen garage had two other cars, and some of the petrol attendants were taking pictures of the car. He didn’t pay attention to any of that because his eyes were glued to me, and even though my eyes were covered by the shades that I’d stolen off his face, it felt like he could see right through them. 

I turned my back to him, grabbing a bunch of sweets, and Mexican Chili Simba chips, a Redbull, and a coke before I headed over to the counter. I caught my reflection in the camera by the door, showing me my figure dressed in a black leather pair of pants that hugged my figure and a black long sleeve crop top that ended right underneath my breasts, showing off my body from my ribs down to belly button. 

I smiled at the lady behind the counter as she rang up my items, “R185,” she told me and I scoffed at the price. This country was absolutely crazy. 

I handed her the crisp R200 note and took the items, walking back outside, hearing G-Eazy and Halsey’s Him & I that was playing from the car as I approached Schalk. As soon as I approached him, he got off the hood of the car and met me halfway, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me into his body before he placed his lips on mine, kissing me like it was just the two of us. 

I’d gotten too comfortable in the three weeks that I’ve been with Schalk, falling into the world that Schalk had introduced me to. Life felt like a movie; as long as I stayed on his good side. He took me shopping in Spain, and we went paragliding in Switzerland, I rode camels in Egypt and partied with Idris Elba in New York City. I was living a life that had me forgetting that I wasn’t here by free will. I wore my own Rolex watch on one wrist, Cartier bracelets on the other, a diamond necklace worth R200, 000 around my neck, limited edition Jimmy Choo on my feet that I got as a gift from the Managing Director of the company. I mean, who could say that? That they got Jimmy Choo’s as a gift from the MD himself? Me. I could say that. 

The night air in Sandton had suddenly become too chilly. I could taste his cigarette on my tongue, his cologne filled my nostrils, and his hands were warm on my waist, bringing me so close as if I was going to disappear at any moment. I was experiencing pure bliss at the moment, and I couldn’t even imagine leaving his side. I was in heaven, enjoying helicopter rides to dinner dates and seeing a side of Schalk I never knew existed. 

He finally allowed me to breathe and I took in a long breath, my eyes clouded with tears from how long he had been kissing me as if he was doing it with the intention of sucking my soul out of me. “I got you a Redbull,” I told him, looking up at him, my eyes clashing with dark blue ones that gazed at me with a darkness that I’d become too comfortable with. I looked away and stepped out of his arms, taking his hand in my other one as we walked back to the car. He opened the driver’s side, sliding in, pulling me in with him and settling me in his lap. 

He pressed his face to the side of my face, breathing me in, and his nose brushed the tip of my left ear. He breathed me in like he couldn’t get enough of my scent. He brought his hand around my neck, wrapping it and tightening his grip before he placed open mouthed kisses all over my jaw. I closed my eyes, sighing in pleasure at his ministrations and feeling my toes curl in pleasure. He brought his lips closer to mine, then placed several sweet pecks on my lips, his eyes open, peering into mine with an intensity that felt as orgasmic as his strokes during sex.