Chapter 6

(Song: Diet mountain dew – lana del rey)

Enjoy <3

—————

The future could never be predicted. So couldn't be his actions. Or words. I couldn't predict my own words or actions either. Let alone him.

As Niall said I wore the dress he sent me and now I was on my way to the dining room.
"Surprise, surprise you're on time." He said once I entered the room.
I rolled my eyes and walked toward him.
"Attitude." He commented.
"Why did you want to go with me if you can't stand me?" I snapped.
"And irritated." He said ignoring my question.

"Are ever gonna go?" I asked.
He nodded standing next to me. We hooked our arms and exited the dining room.
"Where are others?" I asked walking toward the ballroom.
"Behind the ballroom's door waiting for us."
"I thought I was on time?"
"You were. They were early."

We joined the rest of the family members and stood behind Alberto. Tom was standing next to Scarlett with their arms hooked.
"Thank you for the dress." I whispered to Niall.
He nodded looking to his front.
The doors opened and we all entered. Every eye was on us and that was the time I noticed the power Alberto had. And this was the first time that his business associates were seeing his face.

"So, what's tonight's event?" I asked Niall while drinking. After Alberto made his speech, everyone scattered around, and we came straight to the bar.
"Usually once a year all the business associates gather around celebrating their success. This year my grandfather decided to host it and show his face to the world for some reason." Niall explained.

"Is Whiskey your favorite drink?" I blurted.
"No. But most of the times I feel like drinking it." He shrugged looking through the crowd.
"What is your favourite drink?"
"Guinness. But the best one is in Ireland."
"That's why you have an accent! You're Irish." I said.
He shrugged.

"Are you looking for someone, or something?"
"No. Why?" he finally faced me.
"Because I was having a conversation with your side profile for the past five minutes."
"So?"
"Whatever." I mumbled and rolled my eyes. I need more drinks if I want to keep up with Niall. I signalled the bartender, and he gave me a shot. One is not enough. I held five fingers.

Once I wanted to take the third one, Niall held my wrist stopping me.
"You might want to slow down."
"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Because I don't want you to throw up on my clothes."
"Jerk." I said and took the third shot. I went for the fourth one, but Niall took it and drank it himself.
"What the hell?!"
"Wanted to know what you're drinking." He shrugged.

I wanted to roll my eyes but the thought of it hurt my eyes and head.
"Wait. Let me get you a better drink." Niall stopped me from taking the last shot.
He nodded at the bartender, and he nodded back.
"Are you going to drug me and use me?" I was tipsy. Usually, my limit is two shots of vodka and maybe one glass of beer. But tonight, I had three shots of vodka and two glasses of beer. And now he was going to give me another drink.

"Listen I may be a criminal and kill people, but I would never touch a girl without her permission, okay?!" he snapped at me and gave me a harsh glare. I stared at him in shock.
"I'm sorry." I whispered. He closed his eyes and took two deep breaths.
"Let's forget that happened." He said quietly and faced the bartender. I placed my hand on his forearm.
"Niall."

He shook my hands off and picked up a glass.
"Do you know how to drink these?" he asked.
I looked at his hands.
"Yeah. Like I've been drinking the rest of my drinks." I said like it was the most obvious answer.
"Wrong." He said.
"Then how am I supposed to drink them?"