Chapter 12

Cassie POV

The next few days flew by in a whirl as I continued to busy myself with my studies and getting used to the school.

During these few days, I had managed to note that Beth was in my Literature class and that Mitchell and his friend with the beanie was in my Maths class.

These days also seemed to go much more smoothly than I had anticipated.

Of course there would be the occasional glares cast my way from Alexa and her friends. But apart from that, she really hadn't made much of a move.

I sighed, shoving my books lazily into my locker before making my way down to the cafeteria. Despite the fact that I was getting used to the daily routine of going to my classes each period. School, similar to popular opinion, wasn't exactly exciting.

Stopping for a second, I take a carton of orange juice from my bag and puncture a hole into the top with the straw.

Taking small sips, I proceed to wonder down the corridors and into the cafeteria. I glance over all the heads and immediately spot Vicky and Beth sitting at our usual table near the back. Giving them a wave, I quickly make my way to them.

"Hi guys." I say smiling as I sit down opposite Vicky and Beth.

"Hey Cassie." Vicky greeted back as Beth gave me a brief nod of acknowledgment before looking back down to continue reading a book. "So what took you so long?" Vicky continued, unwrapping her sand which from the clean film.

I rolled my eyes, "I had to stay behind in Chemistry to help pack up the lab equipment."

"Again?" Vicky stated quirking an eyebrow "It's starting to feel like you stay behind to pack up after class almost every time you have chemistry."

"It's not my fault Brandon and Mitchell always mess around during experiments is it?"

"Wait, you're telling me that you stay behind with Brandon and Mitchell after class?" Her eyes widening in surprise.

"Hey, I'm the victim here. Getting dragged into their mess when they were the ones causing all the trouble in the first place." I replied taking another sip of the juice.

"I don't see why you're complaining. Any girl would give an arm to be in your position." Vicky shook her head with a sigh, "But hey, I guess you're not exactly that normal of a girl if you hang out with me." She added flashing me a grin.

Beth suddenly lifted her head up from her book, "No thanks. Just because I'm friends with a weirdo doesn't mean that I'm weird myself. It just means I'm considerate enough to care for one." A smile tugging on her lips.

"I wouldn't like to think of myself to being anything straying from normal either." I added with a grin, exchanging a knowing glance with Beth.

"Hey! That's not fair, you guys are teaming up on me." Vicky said with a pout.

"Being weird isn't a bad thing you know, it just means that you're unique and special." She stated with a triumphant smile.

"Yeah, you're special alright." Beth said rolling her eyes, "In the sense that you have special needs."

And at that, Beth and I burst out laughing exchanging a high five. Even Vicky was struggling to maintain her composure of supressing a laugh.

"You guys are meanies." Vicky said crossing her arms in front of her, trying her hardest put on an angry face.

"But we know you love us." I stated, taking another sip of juice.

"Sadly." Vicky added with a laugh before quirking an eyebrow at something behind me. "W-well hello there." She said with a voice etched in a slight disbelief, "What brings you here?"