16

Tsuna was confused as to why Reborn was in his room when he woke up, but he wasn't concerned. He knew that is anyone in this place wanted to hurt him, they would've done so already. So, he ignored the hitman on the floor and went into the bathroom.

Reborn, of course, woke up at his normal time, but had decided to stay with Tsuna. He had several things to ask the kid and he didn't want anyone around to interrupt the conversation. It wasn't anything too serious or traumatising. He was just going to ask him why he kept saying he had nightmares. Then he was going to have Ryohei watch over him for the day.

True to their words, some of the maids had gotten some clothes from town for Tsuna to wear during his stay. When the child left the bathroom, Reborn had laid an outfit out for him. It was an orange T-shirt and some blue jeans. Simple enough to not draw attention to him.

"Ohayo, Tsuna." Reborn greeted the boy.

Tsuna was still technically new to learning Japanese, so it took him a second to translate the words in his head. When he accomplished this task, he smiled up at the Sun. "Ohayo, Reborn-san!"

Nodding in approval, Reborn motioned to the clothes on the bed. "Get changed, kid, I wanna ask you a few questions before we go down to breakfast."

"Okay!"

The hitman turned around to face the door as Tsuna changed. "Last  night, you told me to stay because you don't like nightmares. Have you been having them since you got here?"

It took the child a moment to respond, the shuffling of clothes the only evidence that he was still in the room. "Yeah, but it isn't a new thing. I've been having nightmares for a while. Don't like 'em."

That was a bit more concerning than originally  thought, but he could think about that later. "Why didn't you tell anyone? We're all here to help you." Honestly, Reborn knew he shouldn't be surprised. Tsuna, no matter age or world it seems, was always so selfless. Ironically, he was selfish to the point that his selflessness was becoming selfish. He doesn't let anyone take care of him because he doesn't want to be a burden. Reborn was still beating the whole 'rely on others' lesson into his head, it just wasn't sticking.

"I didn't want to burden anyone." A predictable answer. "Besides, I'm causing enough trouble just being here. I don't want to cause any more by keeping anyone awake."

Reborn didn't like the answer, but he knew the child wouldn't listen to reason. So, he changed the subject with a hum. "I'm going to have you play with Ryohei today, okay?"

"Ryohei? Who's that?"

"He's a friend and a doctor. He also likes to box, so he'll be helping you train today."

"Hmmm...Sounds fun!"

Turning back around to face the child, Reborn offered his hand for him to hold. "Ready to go?"

Tsuna grabbed the man's hand with a nod. "Yep!"

"Alright, let's go."

The walk to the dining room was the same as always. No one was really in the halls, so they didn't really see anyone. The path went down a hallway, turned right, down another hall, down a flight of stairs, through a wider hallway, past the courtyard, past the entryway, and down another wide hallway before ending up at the dining room doors. There were a lot of paintings on the walls, small tables with knick knacks on them, and potted plants everywhere. Tsuna liked the plants. All of the walls were painted to look like the castles original building material, but the floors had been swapped out for  black walnut wood and all the wooden doors were made of pine wood. Long rugs and ruby accents gave more pops of colour to the interior.

The doors to the dining room were open, letting the bits of morning chatter leak out into the hallway. Reborn took Tsuna to his seat before going to his own. When Tsuna was done with his meal, he didn't move from his seat. He was supposed to play with Ryohei today, but he didn't know who that was, so he was kind of stuck. Well, he was stuck until someone came and sat beside him.

This person wasn't anyone he remembered meeting. He'd seen the man before, but he'd never met him. The man was smiling brightly and had very short, silver-white hair. His hands were covered in bandages. "Hi!" he greeted Tsuna, "I'm Ryohei. Nice to extremely meet ya!"

Tsuna, not at all prepared for the volume of the man's voice, flinched back slightly. "Sor-sorry." he apologised like he'd done something wrong. "My name is Tsuna, but you probably already knew that."

Ryohei laughed boisterously, though he was significantly quieter, "Yes, I knew your name, but I don't know you. Tell me about yourself."

Somewhere in the few minutes that the duo had been talking, they'd left the dining room and were heading to the ballroom. Reborn had given Ryohei a training regimine for Tsuna. He wasn't going to push the kid too hard.

No one had asked him about himself before, so it took Tsuna a bit of thinking to come up with an answer. "Um...I like fruit and sweets." Fruit was the first thing he ate that wasn't out of a dumpster when  he and his two siblings got out of the labs, so it held a special place for him. He'd been given a few sweets by old ladies before and decided he liked the sugar. "I like the colour of the sky. I also like the stars, they're really pretty."

Ryohei listened intently as the child rambled off aout stars. It was an odd topic for a kid to ramble on about, but the Sun wasn't going to say that. Tsuna's interests would always interest him. Besides, this kid new a lot more about stars that he first thought. How had he come upon such knowledge? Whatever the answer, it didn't change anything.

The conversation between the two was engaged on both sides and seemed to pull people in. The sight of the duo was reminiscent of a clear summer day. Their smiles as they walked to the ballroom only solidified happy thoughts of summer and laughter. It was truly a sight to behold.