Prologue: Stipant Dux

The moon was high in the sky, reflecting the sun's rays on itself for the humans that were still out.

In a village not so far from the Kingdom of Gaudium, something bad would happen. Two figures were making their way through the alleys, reaching the place where their target was hiding, the church of a rival religion.

Inside the church, the main priest is on his knees in front of a big statue representing the god to whom the church is dedicated. One of the two figures uses his hand to tell the other: «Go. Left. Hit. Front.» The other nodded as he understood the assignment, and now both entities began to slowly approach their prey.

The priest is still on his knees, but he knew something was off. No, he actually heard them from the moment they stepped inside the church: «It's a beautiful night to hunt, don't you think, my dear hunters?» He says this as he looks at one of the two with his red eyes, giving it a deadly and cold stare.

The assassins were taken aback by the fact that he heard them; they quickly regained their composure and got ready to attack with their enchanted daggers. The priest was unfazed by the sight of the enchanted weapons, as this was not the first time his life was in danger. The priest sighs before speaking: «Foolish to draw your weapons in such a holy place; you could just set up a trap at my house...or is Alkaios theocracy's intelligence not as advanced as they say?" None of the assassins replied to his mocking questions as they got closer and closer to their victim.

The priest stood still-no sudden movements, no begging for mercy, no prayers. One of the assassins jumps toward him while the other dashes in an attempt to stab their target in the back. The "prey," in response, pulls out a farming scythe, apparently from nowhere, slicing one of the assassins' throats with a clean cut. The one who remained alive has an expression of shock and fear in his uncovered eyes as his companion, who together shared many memories, got easily killed by a priest, a man guided by morals who shouldn't be capable of harming a fly. He stares in horror at the priest who was looking at the corpse of the dead companion; his face was still cold, with no emotional expression like a puppet; there is a moment of silence before the priest breaks it: «Leave if you want to live. And tell your boss to never send sheep to the wolf's domain. I will give your companion a decent sepulture.» The priest says this, not looking at the now-scared assassin who took the advice and fled away desperately, as he now knew why the bishop sent him to kill this specific priest.

That priest is the world's strongest assassin known to mankind.

He is "the silver-fanged wolf."