I: Safar | صفر

'Halki phulki si hai zindigi,
Bojh toh khawishon ka hai."

2 years and 10 months earlier...

Kinaira:

"Get. Set. Go..." the basketball team coach screamed from the end of the court. "Khan, use your height, stick to defence!"

Kinaira Khan Ghori. The daughter of Dubai and Pakistan's multibillionaire, Asif Khan Ghori. He owned 35% of businesses that were in Dubai and Pakistan. He had shares in almost every company you could possibly think. He was 'Alhumdullilah' very successful.

"Khan, let's party tonight along with the football team." Huraira spoke. "Certainly not. Tumhey apney mehboob sey milna hai, aur mujhey iss love story ka hisa nahi baan na, magar tum log enjoy karo." Kinaira said. "Tum kya karo gi phir?" Huraira frowned. "Main? Ghar jaun gi aur parhu gi, aur kya?" Kinaira smiled.

Kinaira wasn't a party animal. Ever since she moved back to Dubai, she remained reluctant and reserved. Quite to herself. Always studying and trying to make the best out of herself. She didn't want a life which would be unremarkable.

Kinaira left the court and went to pack her stuff from the locker. She walked towards the car park, that's the moment when she felt a sharp, stabbing pain near her heart. She received a call from her mother, "Where are you Kinaira? Reach home right away, Haider got a cardiac arrest. He needs surgery and he is alone in Pakistan, I need to be with him. We are leaving for Islamabad. Get home and leave for the airport." Before Kinaira could say a word, the call ended.

Her soul left her body, leaving her shattered. No matter how ill she was, she knew she had to collect her self and be their for her family. After all, she is the only one who survived it all.

She rushed home and started packing. She sets down her luggage in her tinted black Range Rover and leaves for the airport. "Kinaira api, bhai ki condition bohat buri hoti jari hai. Uncle Faraz just called, Baba isnt picking up. You need to get hold of someone in Islamabad immediately!" Junaid spoke.

Kinaira rang a phone call to the only person she could rely on, Hamza Hasan. Hamza was the closest person she had left. A brother who wasn't her brother by blood, but protected her and helped her provision her life. Saved her from hurdles that she was left alone to survive.

Kinaira explained the situation, and he assured her safety as soon they land in Islamabad. He explained to her the protocols, since there had been on alert and had high level security, due to the intel received by the military personnel. Missiles strike was alarmed to be striked at the borders, hence the Airforce and Army were prepared to assault and protect their nation.

Khan's Family landed in Islamabad International Airport. Kinaira rushed into Hamza's arms in relief, while Humairah and Junaid got into the Fortuner and headed to the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) where Haider was admitted. "Hamza bhai, why does this always happen to me? Why do I go through a heartbreak or the pain of loosing someone?" Kinaira uttered with her face pressed into his chest. Hamza brushed his fingers against her hair and reassured her "Mera bacha, Ayra, aasmishay khuda apne masboot sipahi par lata ha, aur usko azmata hai. Tum bharosa rakho." While Hamza reassured her and gave her comfort, he thought to himself, how discomforting and resentful Khan's have become towards her.

Hamza took Kinaira to grab some food, so they would spend time together and could distract her mind from the pain for a while. Whistle they catch up, Hamza told her how he is planning on getting married soon and wants Kinaira to be involved in the wedding events, since she is the only sister he got and wants to make the most out of their bond. Hamza questioned Kinaira about her further plans, she told him how medical isn't a good idea. He comforted her within his boundaries.

Hamza was a brother Kinaira always wished for. He guided her when she was lost. He helped her grow the little child inside of her which needed encouragement and joy, which she had given up on. He was always there to protect her, wether it be her family or...;" He didn't once question her caliber or capabilities. Kinaira made sure Hamza is completely aware of every aspect in detail of what happened with her. Her actions were justified.

After catching up, Hamza took Kinaira to the hospital Haider was admitted into. And by the time they reached, Haider had been taken for surgery.

Asif Sahib reached the hospital, along with his 15 gunmen, who surrounded the hospital for their protection. Brigadier Ayaz Awan arrived to CMH to meet Asif Sahib after hearing what had happened to his son Haider. He brought along his wife Shaheen Begum.

Ayaz Awan and Asif Khan were best friends. After Lawrence, they went to PMA together. Asif found his passion in business, whereas Ayaz stayed in the army and served his country. They parted ways, yet remained close since they were allies. Khans and Awans had an ineffectual relationship. Both families tied a knot between the two by getting Haider married to Saira. Saira was Ayaz and Shaheen's youngest daughter. Shaheen's heart always wanted Kinaira for one of her sons.

"Asalamualaykum Ayaz uncle and maa!" Kinaira greeted them with a smile on her stressed face. "Walaykumasalam Kinaira beta, kesi ho? Koi mushkil tou nahi agaye thi rastay mein?" Ayaz asked with a deep voice. "Nahi uncle, Hamza bhai took care of everything. Safar asan tha." Kinaira said.

After getting Kinaira settled in the hospital and assuring her safety, by having a bodyguard around her, Hamza decided to leave for his duty. "Mai nikalta hu. InShaAllah mulakat hoti hai, kuch bhi ho, ek call kardena Ayra." Hamza smiled. As he was leaving, he kissed on Kinaira's forehead and gave her a warm hug and comforted her with words. "Allahifz! Stay safe Hamza bhai!" Kinaira muttered.

Humairah, "Kinaira, come here. Sit with aunty." Everyone waited patiently while Haider was undergoing his surgery.

Saira called Kinaira after few. She was in a panicking state. Enough to say she was not sane. since her husband was in literal life and death situation.

Kinaira exited the wing and found a quiet place to comfort Saira. "Saira Bhabi you know you can't do anything but pray." Kinaira said. "My love is in the OT, maut uske samney hai, aur mein yaha iss bebasi mein- main kuch bhi nahi kar sakti." Saira cried. Kinaira's eyes began to water. "Bhabi main apko update karti rahu gi. I'll book a flight for you, ajao Pakistan."

Kinaira went back to the benches where everyone sat. She looked out the hospital's window which had a beautiful city view, the street lamps shined bright like little starts from the high view she got of the city along with the gates entrance. Soon enough a familiar car pulled up. A black tinted Range Rover with a very specific number plate. A 41Y4N. It spelled Alyaan. Kinaira knew exactly who pulled up in the hospital.

Kinaira was unsettled to predict anything that was about to happen. As she fidgeted the engagement ring on her finger, heartbeat began to slow down. Hot and cold flashes hit her body. Her vision began to blur.