IX: Sohneya Ve | سوهنیا وے

'Duriyaan mit gaye darmiyan sey dono ki, magar duayein na khatam hui rab sey.'

A month and two went by after Shehryar and Sukhaina had moved to Quetta. They were in close contact with Hamza and Nabiha. The two couples often shared pictures on social media together and the wives kept themselves busy with each other's company.

It was a one simple evening, Kinaira drove herself to the Awan's place in Dubai and welcomed herself in. The entire Awans were gathered. All the aunties, uncles and the cousins had arrived at the house.

She greeted everyone and sat next to Ayaz. "Uncle i have been wondering-." Before Kinaira could finish her sentence Ayaz cut her off and asked her respectfully to go out on a dinner date with his son. "Uncle, your son is a menace, dinner date will turn into range room and both of us will end up beating each other with light stabers." Kinaira chuckled. Ayaz reassured her that Alyaan will be at his best behaviour. Kinaira chuckled and made her way out of the lounge into the kitchen where Shaheen Begum, Ruby and Iqra were cooking for the many guest who showed up unannounced.

"Asalamualaykum Ruby phupoo!" Kinaira smiled hugging her. "Walaykumasalam mera beta. Kesi ho?" Ruby asked. Kinaira told her about the situations and asked if they needed any help, but they told her and Iqra to step out of the kitchen and enjoy with the cousin. Kinaira and Iqra caught up on Shehryar's wedding event. Ali Murtaza barged into the room where they were gossiping in. "Tumhey kya chahiye hai Ali Murtaza?" Kinaira asked annoyed from him. "Chup karo, meri maa kidher hain?" Ali Murtaza asked. "Ruby aunty kitchen mein hai." Iqra replied.

Ruby was Ali Murtaza's mother and Iqra'a mother-in-law. She was one of Ayaz's younger sisters. Ayaz was the oldest, after Ayaz it was Faisal who passed away in a crash with their two sisters, Zainab and Anita.

Ruby was married to Nasir who was also in the car crash with her siblings and. She had 3 sons. Talal who was married to Sonia. They had 2 kids, Asma and Naseeba. The both sisters lived together in Abu Dhabi, but Asma was married and had a daughter, while Naseeba was studying Medical and didn't mingle often with the family so was unaware of everyone. Then it was Salman who was married to Alishba and had 6 kids. Arif, Humna, Mirza, Maryam and the twins Eisha and Aisha. And then Ali Murtaza who was married to Iqra and was expecting a second baby after they had their son, Amiz.

Kinaira made her way to her room in the house, Alyaan was in her bed staring at the ceiling lights. "What are you looking at?" Kinaira asked.

"Ayra? Tum yaha kab aye?" Alyaan questioned. "Just now." Kinaira replied. "Kinaira, i know it's intrusive, but i read your journal. Mainay har ek lafz parha hai, har ek shayri parhi hai aur usshey mehsoos kiya hai. I know it hurts every second, your cuts be sore every second. The ointments digs inside of you, and your skin shriek with pain. It's not immaturity, but it's knowing something hurts. Trying to forget the mental abuse with physical pain to grief all at once? The slashes from the blade scarred the dept of skin. Mujhey nahi pata tha tum itney dard sey guzar rahi hogi. Beyinteha dard joh tumhey deyte gaye, mujhey milakar-

Ayra, I'm sorry! that happened to you and I'm sorry. I'm sorry that it was you who it happened to and Ayra I'm sorry that I wasnt there to put ointments on your wounds or cleaned your hand after every slash. I'm sorry meri jaan.

You're strong and brave and Ayra, I love you. I wish I could go back in time and fix what happened, but I can't and my apologies won't fix any sufferings you been having, but I'm sorry I wasn't there." Alyaan cried.

"I love you Alyaan and trust me, If I could, I would change my past too. I have grown to accept it that this is the hard reality and it is how life is suppose to work. Mainay sab Allah ke haat mein chordiya hai, ab sab cheezo mein mujhey Allah ki barkat nazar ari hai. Joh hota hai behtari kay liye hota hai." Kinaira smiled.