chapter nine

focus on me

choi luna

"how do i look?" i ask hyunjin, twirling around in my outfit. i wore a red turtle neck sweater tucked into a pair of high waisted ripped jeans.

"you look like it's cold outside." he jokes. i roll my eyes.

"it's your fault i have to wear this." i say, pulling on the turtle neck. he shrugs.

"you look fine." he plainly says. i roll my eyes again.

"whatever, seojun is picking me up in fifteen minutes, i'm going to wait in the lobby." i tell him, picking my purse off of the couch. he nods mindlessly. "please stay up here." i tell him, he looks at me and furrows his brows.

"why?" he asks.

"i don't want him to think you're my boyfriend or anything." i answer, causing him to chuckle.

"alright, fair enough." he laughs.

"thank you!" i happily bend over a place a kiss on his cheek causing him to squish up his face and jokingly wipe off his cheek. i roll my eyes for the umpteenth time before quickly leaving our apartment. i take a seat on the bench outside of the complex, happily waiting for seojun. as the minutes pass i see a red car pull up, seojun climbing out and walking over to me. i bow to him.

"seojun!" i say happily, smiling at him.

"luna." he says, grabbing my hand and placing a chaste kiss on the back of it. i blush.

"oh hey! you're still here." hyunjin's voice fills my ears, i widen my eyes and turn around to face him.

"hyunjin..." i look at him annoyed, he ignores me.

"you must be seokjin, i'm hyunjin, the roommate." he reaches out his hand to shake. i roll my eyes.

"it's seojun." i tell him. seojun is looking at hyunjin wide-eyed. don't get me wrong, seojun was handsome, sharp jawline, fluffly dirty blonde hair, and just a hair taller than me, but compared to hyunjin, tall, long dark hair, a gaze that could kill, and a perfectly sculpted face and body, i could see why seojun seemed intimidated. part of the reason i asked him to stay inside. seojun reluctantly shakes his hand.

"she didn't mention a roommate..." he says awkwardly.

"yeah she has this fear that i'll scare off anyone she tries to date, crazy right." he laughs, i can hear the hint of mischief in his tone. seojun laughs awkwardly. "anyway, i'm heading to the store, need anything luna?" he asks, turning to me with a completely innocent face. i shake my head. "suit yourself, see you around seokjin." he says, roughly patting seojun on his shoulder before walking down the sidewalk. i face palm.

"i'm sorry about him." i immediately apologize. "i don't know why he was acting like that." seojun nods hesitantly.

"well if you're ready, let's go." he says, opening the passenger door. i smile, happily hopping into his car. i couldn't help but notice how tense he got.

-

"do you like the movie?" seojun whispers to me, placing his hand on my thigh. i smile.

"yeah! it's a nice movie!" i respond, debating if i should move his hand or not. he smiles before sliding it up higher, my breath hitches as his fingers mess with the button of my jeans. i look over to him.

"is this okay?" he asks soothingly. for some reason, hyunjin popped into my head, and i nearly said no, but i thought about how he ruined my last hook-up. i nod, shyly smiling at him. he smirks before undoing the button and slowly pulling on the zipper. i reach over to him and confidently pull off his shirt, earning a chuckle from him. he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and pulls me into a kiss, as we kiss he begins to lay me down, him hovering over me.

i reach my hands down and undo the button of his jeans, as i begin to pull his down, he pulls a condom out of the pocket, and then tugs my own jeans down. he breaks the kiss, standing on his knees between my legs and pushing his boxers down. i watch intently as he rolls the condom over his erection. no foreplay, i mentally groan. he pushes my underwear to the side and lines up with my entrance, looking up at me one last time for permission. unfortunately, i nodded.

-

"so how about a second date?" seojun asks, pulling up to the curb of my apartment complex. i give him a thinned lip smile.

"i'll have to check my schedule, but i'll text you!" i lie, knowing i was going to block his number the minute i got upstairs. it wasn't that he was the worst in bed, it's just that everything he did, i compared it to hyunjin. seojun's thrusts we're sloppy and soft, while hyunjin's were rhythmic with just the right amount of pressure. seojun would roughly rub his thumb over my clit, while hyunjin would rub light, yet pressured circles on it. i groan, scolding myself for comparing him to hyunjin. why was i even thinking about him?

seojun placed a kiss on my hand before i got out of his car, i quickly waved goodbye to him as i ran into the complex, going straight for the elevator. i pressed the button to my floor and waited impatiently to arrive. i quickly unlocked the door to our apartment, instantly kicking off my shoes and throwing my bag to the side. i see hyunjin sitting on the couch, watching tv. felix was passed out asleep next to him, lightly snoring. i lazily walk over to him, plopping on the couch and resting my head in his lap before letting out a loud sigh.

"bad date?" he says, looking down at me smiling.

"bad date, even worse sex." i tell him, rubbing my temples.

"oh?" hyunjin laughs.

"it's not funny..." i groan.

"it's a little bit funny." he says, still giggling. i grab a pillow and throw it at him. "i can't take you on a date, but i can give you better sex." he says wiggling his eyebrows.

"no, i'm sore." i wince, feeling the pain between my legs from the lack of foreplay. this causes hyunjin to laugh even more. i groan in annoyance, climbing up to straddle his lap, i wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in the crook of his neck. hyunjin wraps his arms around my back, patting it lightly, still laughing. "please stop laughing." i say, voice muffled by his neck.

"sorry..." he says, i can practically hear the smile on his face. i roughly bite down on his neck in retaliation. "ow! jesus luna!" he yells, lightly pushing my head away. felix stirs slightly in his sleep, but doesn't wake up.

"that's what you get." i smile at him, he rolls his eyes, bringing his hand to the back of my head and pushing it back down to the crook of his neck.

"whatever, go to sleep or something." he says, caressing my hair and rubbing circles on my back with his other hand. without any retaliation, i fall asleep moments later.