chapter twenty-two 🔞

when they met

choi luna (fourteen years old)

"hey flirt, you're on my locker." i sneer at the brown haired boy. the senior he was failing miserably at chatting up giggles and walks away, causing the flirt to sigh.

"you nerd! you ruined my shot." the boy finally removed himself from my locker.

"as if you even had a shot to begin with." i retort.

"who do you think you are!" he crosses his arms at me.

"choi luna, freshman." i hold out my hand to him.

"hwang hyunjin, not interested." he side eyes me. i scoff.

"neither was kim chaeyoung." i laugh as i refer to the senior he was chatting up.

"her loss." he scoffs.

"i beg to differ." i giggle.

"i'm the hottest boy in the school!" he says confidently.

"you're a lanky sophomore with a god complex." i tell him.

"i'm actually a junior." he corrects.

"right sorry, a lanky junior with a god complex. better?" i tilt my head at him.

"well you're just a... freshman." he retorts.

"ouch." i say sarcastically.

"i don't like you." he glares at me.

"oh yay! do i get an award?" i say as i close my locker. he scoffs and walks away.

-

"hey! yuna!" i hear someone call. i kept walking. "yuna!" the voice was louder this time, but i still kept walking. "nerd! are you deaf?" at that i turn around, eyes landing on the flirt that i had met a few days prior. hyunjin? i think.

"are you talking to me?" i cock an eyebrow at him.

"obviously."

"it's luna, birdbrain." i correct him.

"whatever." i begin to walk away as the boy crosses his arms. "hey!" he calls, following me.

"what do you need?" i ask sarcastically.

"lose the attitude before i change my mind." he threatens.

"change your mind about what?"

"i heard about your party. i wanted to let you know that i'll be blessing you with my appearance." he says smugly. i snort.

"as if."

"hey! you'll want me there. i'm hot, i'll bring all the hot guys." he crosses his arms confidently.

"i prefer hot girls." i tell him, holding back a laugh as his eyes go comically wide.

"seriously?" he asks.