Twenty-Two

I shot up when I heard the front door open. I made my way down the stairs quickly. "Dad!", I exclaimed "Gosh Clay! You scared me"

"Sorry but I have to tell you something", I say.

"Well then what is it?", He asks

"I found out who leads the hunters!", His eyes widen. "You found hunters!?", he says raising his voice.

"Yes!", then I went on explaining to him how I ran into the hunters awhile back. "So you're telling me they're on to you!?", he says.

"That's besides the point", I interrupt. "The problem is he's.. George's dad", I say to him. "You know George the one I-", I tired to say but my dad interrupts . "Yes I know who he is", He says quickly and firmly. "So I wanted to tell you so we can figured out what we can do", I tell him.

"I don't want you to be around that boy anymore", He says.

I freeze.

"W-What?", I say. "I don't want you around him! Who knows what he can do, he might be working for his father!", He exclaims.

No, George won't.

He wouldn't.

"No! George isn't like that, he wouldn't be a part of such a thing!", I state. "You don't know that Clay!", he yells. "I do know that dad! So what if haven't known him for years, I know him well enough that he wouldn't do anything like that. He doesn't even know what I am!", I screamed back.

"I'm only telling you this one more time Clay I don't want you-", He tried to say but I speak over him.

"Dad it's not that simple for me to stay away from him! He's my...my boyfriend", I say in a hushed whisper as I looked down. "Is he really?", he says softly.

"Yes.. I asked him today.."

"So you're actually-"

"No, I'm unlabeled"

"I see.. but Clay you can't be around him anymore I'm sorry", he says as he tries to reason with me. "You can't just tell I'm not aloud to hang out with my boyfriend!", I say as I raised my voice.

"End of conversation Clay, now go to bed. I'm only telling you this because I love you and I'm doing this for your own safety, our own safety"

"But he wouldn't-"

"Enough already Clay!", he screamed.

TW mature language
"Fuck. You.", I say firmly. His eyes widen to my words. I let out a huff as I made my way back to my room.

I slam my door behind me then lay down on my bed. I began to sob, realizing had happened.

What if this affects my relationship with George?

I can't lose him.

He's far too important to me now.

I fall asleep, exhausted from all the crying.

Just don't let me lose George.

I walk into class and get into my seat. After taking attendance the teacher then excuses us. I make my over to George, taking a seat next to him.

As we worked the brunette notices my lack of emotion. "Hey you okay?", he asks softly as he places a hand on my arm. I give him a slight smile. "I'm alright just tired", I tell him.

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm sure George", I say as I kissed his hand that was on my arm. I see the brunette smile to himself as he continued to write.