Seventeenth

I wake up. It was still dark out so I reach for my phone to check the time.

It was 2:48.

I tiredly rest my head back on my pillow, trying to go back to sleep. But then that's when I hear a small whine behind me. I turn and see George facing away from me.

We must have separated in our sleep.

But then George lets out another whine. I can see him curl more tightly into a ball. He starts to slowly shake his head as he held onto himself tighter. I watched as his body began to shake.

He was having a nightmare.

I slowly make my way over to him then look over his shoulder. I see his tears glisten in the moon light as he let out another whine.

It pained me to see him this way.

I place a careful hand on his tense shoulder. I began to lightly shake him. "George", I say gently. "George", I say closer to his ear. He flinches awake but I feel him relax when he realized it was just me.

"I'm sorry for waking you", he says as he rubs his eyes with his palms. "You didn't wake me up, what's wrong?", I say as I soften my eyes. "Sorry I-I just tend to get night terrors once in awhile", he explains as he lets out another sniffle.

I lightly pull his shoulder back so that he would face me. I quickly but gently pull him towards my chest. I protectively wrap my arms around his small figure.

"Hang on", he tells me as he sits up. He slides off his hoodie and throws it somewhere on the floor.

He then quickly reclaims his spot next to me. With his oversized hoodie out the way I was able to really hold on to the brunette.

"Do you want to talk about it?", I asked softly. He shakes his head "N-no it's too scary", he says as his voice slightly breaks.

It was like daggers to the heart.

Without thinking I hook my finger underneath his chin as I titled it upwards. I lightly press my lips against his forehead.

He pushes against me so he could look up at me. He stared at me with widened eyes.

"I-I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me! I should have asked!", I say in a hushed yell. "I-it's okay", he softly says to me.

"No it's not okay! I kissed you without you consent", I say quietly. "Clay it's okay!...I liked it", he quietly admits.

I quickly turned my head to look down at him. "Y-you did?", he nods.

There was a light pause.

I stared into his eyes as they twinkled like stars in the moon light. "Can you do it again?", he asks.

I can feel my stomach do a somersault to the question.

Without hesitation, I placed my lips against his cheek bone.

"Again", he asks.

I lightly place my lips against the small scar that he had on the side of his face while placing another on his cheek.

"More", he says between each kiss I gave.

I equally peppered both sides of his face happily. My eyes flicked to his lips but I thought against it.

I slowly kiss along his jawline as I made my way down his neck. He titles his head up to give me more access to his delicate skin.

It wasn't anything lustful.

But I continued to leave soft kisses on his skin.

I feel his Adam's apple bob up against my lips.

I lifted my head up to look at him once more. I then leave one last kiss on his nose.