Chapter 14: Grace

Grace

I found a library. It wasn't even hidden, I just didn't see it before, the doorway that lead to it because of where I was standing on the balcony.

Well, needless to say, I raided the place. I was now in my room yelling at Viola for hiding her true identity from her loved ones. Stupid Viola. Would it really be so bad to tell them who you really are?

"Come on!" A voice from outside my room shouted. "Hurry up!"

"I'm coming!" Another voice replied.

They came and gone, but soon, more voices followed. It sounded like everyone was coming out of their rooms and rushing towards the elevators. My observation confirmed this, it felt they were a stampede of buffalo.

Curiosity getting the best of me, like always, I followed them. Luckily there was more than one elevator per floor, so it wasn't crowded. Next thing I knew, we were on the balcony floor, overlooking the gathering center. Everyone went around me and huddled at the balcony wall. I squeezed in and saw a crowd down there too, watching Vanessa and her team and some other random guy.

The crowd around me let out a moan of disappointment though when one of the guys on Vanessa's team grabbed his partners arms and dragged them away in anger.

The crowd began to disperse, and I saw Ares run after Vanessa. On a whim, I bolted down the stairs and over to the guy who had Vanessa and her team in a whirlwind.

"Hey!" I shouted at the guy. "What was that about?"

The guy in the black jacket turned to look at me. The second we made eye contact, I noticed a strange glimmer in his eye.

"Why hello." He greeted, and looked up and down my body. I held back the shiver of discomfort. "Cole Parker." He held out his hand. I ignored it, afraid of what I would sense.

"Grace Walker." I introduced swiftly. "Now can you please tell me what just happened?"

"I assume their friends of yours?" He smirked.

I put my hands on my hips. "Not exactly, Vanessa and I don't exactly get along, but unfortunately, I happen to be a very nosy person."

"Then it looks like we have a lot in common." He smirked again.

"Can you just tell me what that was about?" I asked again impatiently.

"Go out with me." He ignored my request. My eyebrows shot up.

"I have a boyfriend." I answered in a bored tone.

"So?" Okay. Now he was just pissing me off. "Come on, Princess. He won't find out." He whispered in a tone I think he believed was seductive.

Hell. No. He did not just call me Princess.

I sighed and hid my anger. I put on smile and leaned in close, so my mouth was right next to his ear.

"You know, there's something you should know about me." I whispered.

"And what's that?" He asked, sounding out of breathe. Perv.

"I hate being called Princess." I then dropped the smile and punched him in the stomach with all the strength I could muster. Then I kneed him in between the legs. Cole fell backwards in pain, but looked up at me.

"Feisty. I like it." He said. I made a look of disgust and turned around, flipping my hair and walking away.

I didn't have a specific location in mind, but soon I found myself on my room floor. I didn't feel like going back to my room so I just kind of wandered around. It didn't take to long for me to find Blaze's room. I knocked, and a few seconds later, he opened the door.