Chapter 18: Grace

Grace

When I opened the door, I was met by a glaring Pear. I don't care who she thought she was now, to me, she is always and will always be Persephone Jaeger.

"You are so fucking lucky." She spat and shoved a peice of paper at me.

I smirked after I read it, and looked up at her again just to see her roll her eyes, and snach the letter back from my hands.

"I'll go get the team." I told her. She flicked her hand at me and started to walk away. "Meet us at the command room." She demanded over her shoulder.

I waved goodbye to those stupid guards she had bring me back to my room and stand guard to make sure I didn't leave until she did. Or until she changed her mind.

I threw on my new Mage jacket and quickly packed some clothes. I also supplied my jacket with a few potions I made while here, in the labs. Since learning how to make them, I often used some diffrent poisons in the feild. Medicines too.

Quickly, I gathered everyone from my team. They were all excited to leave, like I am, and quickly packed, threw on their jackets, and once we had everyone, we went to the command room.

Pear, Aaron, and Zac were already there, along with Cole, and his crew. Pear and Aaron were arguing about whether or not Aaron should be going and leaving some person I didn't know in charge of the place. Once we showed up, all of us silently made our way to the elevator, and up to the first floor. As we all walked down the hall, I was trying to contain my excitement. I was determined to get out of here.

"How are you so excited about this?" Pear asked me.

"What do you mean?"

"We are directly disobeying your grandfather." She explained and I rolled my eyes.

"Just because he's my grandpa, doesn't mean I agree with everything he wants. He originally wanted to-" I cut myself off and looked at Becky, who was talking to Dylan. "He originally wanted to kill the kids because of their proxy level. I had to fight with him to drain them, then just have them trained." I said. "Remember?" I whispered so that only she could hear. She tensed up at first, then shot me a small glare. I shrugged.

As soon as the door opened, I ran outside, and turned on my observation. I spread my arms and spun around like crazy girl. It has been too long since I felt the outdoors.

I heard a few chuckles and stopped, and looked over to see Dylan, and Zac laughing at my craziness. Dylan came over and gave me a kiss. It was more dominating then normal. For a moment, I wondered why, but then smiled when I realized he still thought Ares and I had sexual tension. I don't why this boy felt so insecure.

"Come on, lets go." Pear demanded. I rolled my eyes and followed her. Her and the other Eliminators looked ready for a fight, while the rest of us just looked ready to go back to the mansion, the only place that felt usual. When you're on the road constantly, home become the car.

I guess though, that we didn't have a car, because we started climbing trees. We did that for what seemed like hours, jumping from tree to tree. Eventually, we stopped and started walking on foot through the small town we found ourselves in.

Looking around, I broke into a large grin that most likely made me look like a demented clown. Then I started to laugh. I could just feel everyone staring at me. Did my team really not get it?

"Okay, what the fuck are you laughing about?" Ares finally asked, sounding like he didn't really want to know, but the curiosity would kill him. I looked over at him, Blaze, and Dylan, then pointed at the building that had me laughing.

The three of them showed different emotions. Blaze almost actually showed a small smile, Ares just looked bored, and Dylan looked a little pained. Glancing over at Pear, I saw that she had seen it too, and had an unreadable blank expression.

The building we were looking at was The Slayer. The dance club me and Pear had tracked the guys to two years ago.

Looking down the block I pointed. "That's where I got arrested." I pointed out.

"Arrested?" Aaron asked and I nodded.

"For what?" Asked one of Cole's team members.

"Prostitution." I almost groaned. Immediately, Aaron and Zac were laughing. Ares let out an annoyed growl.

"Yeah, and it got us all in trouble." He groaned.

Right. It got everyone punished. I looked over at Pear. The girl standing there was punished for my mistake, driven to insanity. In her eyes, my mistake made everyone weak, and the only way to fix that was to leave. She had no idea how difficult it was for all of us.

I then made a decision. I knew what I had to do to make it up to her.

"Will you guys shut up?" Pear snapped at her still laughing teammates. They started to calm down, and Pear declared that we would stay at the motel down the street.

Cole and his team were in one room, Aaron and Zac in another, Blaze, Ares, and Dylan, then Pear, me, and Becky.

Apparently, most of the guys decided to head over to The Slayer. The only guys who didn't go were Dylan and Blaze.

It was late, and Becky was already asleep. Pear was watching tv, trying to ignore the fact that I was there. What was wrong with her?

"Tomorrow, I'm calling Jack." I told her.

She stayed silent. When I never looked away, she finally turned to me. "Am I supposed to care?"

"Yes." I spoke bluntly.

"You aren't going to tell him I'm alive." She said. It wasn't a question, it was a demand. Normally, I'd be pissed off at her tone. But this time, she was right.

"Nope." I agreed. "I'm going to request to go through Punishment."

---

A:N/ hello again! Here is another chapter for you guys! Hope you enjoyed it! As always, let us know what you think! We love feedback!

In another announcement, we have taken off Against The Dead until further notice. We have decided to rewrite it. We are making it A LOT better than before. More depth to the character, more into their pasts, and extended scenes. Trust us, it will be much better.

Love you all!!

Xoxoxox

Nixie