Night Out 🦋

Shubman's viewpoint :

"Shub... don't be upset. Anushree is friends with you, maybe if you try.. she'll fall for you as well." Ishan rubbed my back as tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

"I don't know.." I shook my head.

It feels like a hole is burning through my chest and there's nothing I can do to make it better. Maybe I shouldn't have taken this step, it worsened things for us.

The friendship that was forming between Anushree and me.. I should've been satisfied with it. She has always been kind and helpful to me and always carries a sweet smile on her face when we have a conversation.

All the moments we've had together so far, have been extremely beautiful. I wonder if I'll ever get to experience them in the future...

"Shub, it's okay. You can still try winning her heart." Ishan tried convincing me.

I understand that Anushree has no reason to like me yet and it's very normal that she doesn't think of me anything more than a friend. However, I feel like I've lost all the motivation.

I'm still gonna try though, I won't stop pursuing her ever. It's just that I don't feel good right now, but I'll keep trying.

"I.. I'm going out for a walk. I need a break." I whispered to Ishan and got up.

Maybe a breath of fresh air will make me feel better right now.

I walked on the lanes near our hotel for a while and it feels a little better. I guess I was overthinking earlier.

As I turned around to head back, I saw a sight that completely shattered me. It's Anushree... with Sameer...

He's buying an ice cream for her and they look so happy around each other. Oh no.. I can literally feel my heart breaking.. I can't take this...

Part of me wants to run away from here but I can't stop looking at Anushree either. She's looking so beautiful, just like the angel she is. I've always loved to see her smile, but right now, the grin on her face is killing me on the inside.

Sameer is inching closer towards her and I've a very bad feeling about this... he's definitely going to kiss her. Nooo, I can't watch this.

I turned around with a shattered heart as tears were about to fall from my eyes. I'm not the guy who cries over anything ever.. in fact I don't even remember when I cried last. Still I'm getting so teary today and I can't control it either. Love can definitely be cruel as well.

With a heavy heart I started taking steps towards our hotel when my gaze fell upon Sameer kissing Anushree's cheeks. She looks so happy around him...

"Oh hey Shubman!" I heard Sameer greet me loudly as I tried escaping the situation.

Why did he have to do that? He knows I like Anushree and he's trying to hurt me all the more, for sure. Also, he's holding her waist so close to him, it's making my heart wrench so bad.

"Hey." I replied in an uninterested voice and tried walking away.

"Anushree, you guys know each other don't you? Well he's my teammate too." He introduced me to her.