Faith 🦋

Samikhya's viewpoint :

"We need to do something, he looks very upset." Ishan whispered to me while eyeing Shubman, who's laying in bed with his AirPods plugged in.

"Hmm.." I agreed on seeing his condition.

I guess he truly likes Anushree a lot, he seems to be affected badly after seeing her with Sameer.

"Main baat karu usse?" I questioned Ishan.

"I think you should. Usko thoda change accha lagega." He replied in affirmation.

"Tab tak main kuch khaane ke liye lekar aata hu, humne dinner bhi nahi kiya hai." He added while taking a look at his wrist watch.

"Okay." I nodded and then walked towards Shubman.

As soon as Shubman noticed me, he sat up and made space for me to sit on the bed. He's a good guy for sure, I can sense it in the way he respects everyone around him. Anushree is lucky to be liked by such a precious boy.

"What are you listening to?" I questioned him in order to initiate a conversation.

"Some Punjabi songs.." He answered softly.

"Even I like a few Punjabi songs." I smiled in response.

"They are good." He finally smiled back.

"Your dimples suit you, isliye you should keep smiling. Upset acche nahi lagte." I told him while caressing his shoulder.

"It's tough.." He trailed it off.

"I understand, lekin tumhe try toh karna hoga na." I requested him.

I don't even know him much but seeing him so upset is making my heart sink. He's a very nice human for sure, who doesn't deserve this tragedy in his life. He must be going through a lot right now.

"You know Samikhya, I would've been happy for Anushree if Sameer was a good guy and I'm very serious about it. Lekin main jaanta hu ki woh bilkul bhi serious nahi hoga Anushree ko lekar. Mujhe pata nahi uske intentions kya hain aur main nahi chahta Anushree bilkul bhi hurt ho. I always want to see her smiling." He uttered the words.

I can feel the sincerity, the liking and genuine concern he has for Anushree, as well as the truthfulness and hurt in his voice.

"Tum use bohat like karte ho na?" I asked him with soft eyes.

"A lot. Since the time I saw her." He sincerely replied.

"I'm curious, where did you guys first meet? And when?" I questioned him in slight excitement.

"So I was at the admission department for getting my biometrics recorded and the procedure was taking a while so I grabbed an empty chair. A bit later, I felt like someone bumped into my sneakers and I instantly held her hand to save her from falling. It was Anushree.

I know it sounds cliche but she had instantly taken my breath away. I felt like I've seen an angel. The way she smiled at me and thanked me for the gesture made me fall for her in that moment. Back then I had no idea that we're in the same year as well as course, I found that out later when I saw her in our orientation. I was on cloud nine!" He dreamily elucidated.