Stargazing 🦋

Kamlesh's viewpoint:

"The night sky looks so pretty, doesn't it baby?" Ash clutched onto my biceps again as she dreamily mumbled the words.

"Yeah, so gorgeous." I whispered while taking a look at her breathtaking face.

Isn't she the most gorgeous girl ever?

I don't know what's happening to me, this feeling is so different than ever. I've always been annoyed by Ash's immature behaviour and her presence used to annoy me. Now, her actions that always seemed childish and irritating to me have suddenly turned so cute.

I've been so harsh to her at times and she's been a laughing stock because of this for a long while now, but her love for me never lessened. It was so wrong of me to leave her hanging in the trial room, but she still wasn't mad at me at all.

Her kindness is for sure swaying my heart and the best part is, I don't want this to stop. She never lost hope and I guess her efforts are finally paying off.

However, I think it's too soon to tell Ash that I feel a little something for her. What if this is just infatuation and I end up hurting her really bad later on? I shouldn't play with her pure heart, she doesn't deserve that at all.

"Tumhe stargazing pasand haina? We should do that!" Ash exclaimed cutely.

"Ash, why are you so excited all the time?" I giggled.

"Being with you makes me so happy and just thinking about you excites me like anything! How can I not be thrilled when you're actually there, with me?" She blushed while saying so.

"Accha ek baat batao, tum mujhe like you karti ho? Tumne abhi tak bataya nahi ki main tumhe pasand kyu hu.." I mentioned with curiosity.

"I like the way you breathe, Kamlesh." She giggled, making me laugh along.

"Don't tell me you think of me as your Kabir Singh." I laughed.

"I can be your Preeti." She stuck out her tongue, making her look too cute.

"You're totally the opposite." I giggled again.

"Haha I agree." She admitted with a laugh.

"You know why I like you?" She added asking me, making my curiosity rise.

"I'm curious." I uttered.

"I can't describe it Kamlesh. You.. you're so different from everyone. The way you make my heart beat, no one else can. I first saw you in our cafeteria, where you let me get ahead of you cause I was whining about the long queue and me being hungry. Since then I haven't been able to get over your humble heart and take my eyes off your handsome face. I was totally mesmerised that day!

I then found a lot about you and started chasing you cause I want you and only you. And trust me, you never let me doubt my choice cause you're the most beautiful person inside out. You're everything a girl looks for in her partner." She spoke her heart out.

Damn.. that was Ash?

I remember our first day at the campus and a girl behind me complaining about the long queue at the hostel mess. I let her get ahead of me since I wasn't that hungry and wanted to help her. I couldn't see her face that day and just heard her voice. Now I can recall that it belonged to Ash!