1. Original Script

Written: may 30, 2023
Edited: April 21, 2024

A/n: inspired by the alleged original script of scream 6 where Anika's and Ethan's roles were reversed. Chethan is a thing in the one shot and it's known that Quinn and Ethan are siblings and Quinn isn't ghostface.

See the end for more notes <3

EVERYONE DECIDED TO crash at Sam's house for the night, considering it'll be safer if they'd stick together now that ghost face was picking them off one by one. Well, everyone excluding Anika who had wanted to pay her parents a sudden visit and left in a hassle.

While the group played uno in the dining table, chad and Ethan had found themselves tangled on Sam's couch. Ethan tracing the lines on chads palm as he was lost in a thought.

"You okay there bud?" Chad asked raising his eyebrow down at Ethan who stopped tracing chads calloused hands and looked up from chads chest "bud? Last time I checked I was your boyfriend?"

Chad chuckled before kissing the top of his head. "Sorry boyfriend," Ethan would never get tired of hearing that term that would be used for him and him only "I'll correct myself, you okay there boyfriend?" He asked again and Ethan sighed.

"I don't know, i guess I'm just scared" he frowned. "I don't want anything bad to keep happening to us, I just wanna feel safe again. I want to be able to enjoy my life without constantly checking behind my back." He admitted, his heart squeezing in fear of the thought of dying.

"I'm sorry E," Chads grip on Ethan tightening just slightly. "This is all my fault, ghost face was after me and my friends first and now I dragged you into our mess." Ethan automatically sat up.

"Hey, none of that. I would live a life like this a thousand times if I had too because if there wasn't this, there wouldn't have been you." He held his boyfriend's face as he said it and it made Chad's heart melt.

"I love you." That was the only thing Chad could think of saying in the moment. "I know" Ethan smirked before laughing at chads offended face. "I love you too" Ethan reassured before pulling him into a sweet kiss that was slightly messy since bubbles of laughter were still leaving Ethan's lips.

Then their phones buzzed from their back pockets. The timing seemed odd so they gave each other a confused look before unlocking their phones.

Ethan's heart shattered.

Danny had sent a photo to the group chat of ghost face attacking Quinn in her room.

Ghost face was in the apartment.

He was hurting Quinn.

Ethan shot up when he heard a shrilling scream coming from Quinn's room. His chest was pounding with fear and he could hear ringing in his ears. The group had gathered around the door but no one made the first move to actually move. Instead they all waited for the screams to stop.

Ethan didn't know why he wasn't running in there. He didn't know why he cowardly stayed in his place rather than helping his sister who was in pain. He didn't know why he wasn't screaming for Quinn.

All these thoughts circled his head that he didn't even register that he had tears streaking his pale cheeks. Not even the touch of chads hand on his back brought him comfort.