Chapter 36

"Did you think we'd be fine? Still got scars on my back from your knives."

-------------------------------

"God, Derek, I know what you're doing here.", I said to him as he approached me with a mischievous grin on his lips. "But you know what? I am alright. I am very much alright. So, if you would just leave me alone now?"

We were now standing directly in front of each other. The grin still didn't disappear from his lips. "Meredith...", he said in a soft voice as his hand was reaching out for me. I instinctively took a step back. I just couldn't be near him anymore, it made me so uncomfortable. To my surprise, I felt an obstacle hitting the backside of my lower body. Crap.

I looked around and detected that we were in some sort of conference room. I was standing right in front of a long table, a few chairs next to me and Derek in front of me. You got this, I reminded myself. After all, Derek wouldn't do anything to me that I didn't want. He wouldn't do anything that I didn't consent to, right? Right?

"What are we doing here?", he continued in his soft voice. God, why is he acting like that? As if there was any chance that we would somehow recreate what happened on this stupid prom!

"What do you mean?", I immediately gave back. My voice sounded harsh compared to his. "What are we doing, Meredith? We threw our marriage away just to do what? Sleep around with random people at the hospital?", he asked me raising his eyebrows. Before I could say anything, he continued. "God, Meredith, we both had some fun – now can we please be done with this and finally get back together?"

I let out an ironic laughter. "What?", I asked him in disbelief. "Seriously, Derek, what are you talking about? This is ridiculous. I mean-...", I started but he cut me off. "Oh, come on, you can't tell me that whatever is going on with Marsh means something to you. You wanted revenge. You got it. So could we please be done with this?", he asked me, getting even closer. Now, we were standing right in front of each other, our bodies almost touching.

What the hell?!

"Revenge?!", I screamed out. "This isn't about fucking revenge, Derek.", I told him as I was straightening my shoulders. All of the sudden, I was so angry at him. Just for him to even suggest that Nick was some sort of sick revenge plan of mine...

"Then what is this about? God, Meredith, just get over yourself and admit that you want to get back with me. Don't you want this too?", he said as his hand reached out for my cheek to caress it. I immediately turned my head away.

"Don't touch me.", I said as I was pressing myself back against the table to get some space in between us. "Back off.", I demanded. But he didn't move. No, instead he put on this look. The McDreamy-Look. "Meredith...", he said in a soft voice. Bad for him that this doesn't work on me anymore.

"Derek, get yourself together! Are you even listening to yourself? You are with Renee and now you're hitting on me? God, you haven't changed at all. You haven't learned from any of your mistakes.", I angrily gave back.

"Oh, let's not talk about her. We both know that it wasn't serious. She isn't you, Meredith. Just like Marsh isn't me.", he said. I took a deep breath as I heard him say that. What a twisted way for him tell me that he isn't over me. "You can't seriously be dating him...", he continued while letting out an arrogant laughter.

I rolled my eyes. What did Nick do to him? Oh, wait. He got something that Derek will won't get back again. Me. Alright, all cards on the table then.

"Well, I didn't wanna tell you like this, because I thought that we could act like adults. But seems like that's not possible for you.", I angrily said. "Nick and I are in a relationship. And it is serious. So, stop this right now.", I revealed to him.