Life Finds A Way

The two jeeps arrive at the visitor center of the park, showing a tall yet interesting design with the bones of a t-rex carved in the stone. Laureen quickly takes a picture of the building before stepping out to follow the group. Hammond proudly presents the main room which was still under construction, but in the very center showed the skeletons of two T-rexes fighting one another and a banner that reads "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" in bold red and yellow letters. Ellie smiled and glanced at Alan, "So what are you thinking?" she asks
"We're out of a job" answered Alan
"Don't you mean extinct?" joked Malcolm, earning a nudge from the photographer while taking pictures of the room.
"Just ignore him" said Laureen, "It seems Dr. Grant isn't one for technology"
"You have no idea" said Ellie

The group arrived in a small showroom where a large projection showed the theme park's logo followed by Hammond dressed in a black suit walking toward the center of the screen. "Oh, here he comes" said Hammond, "Well, here I come"
The old man walks over to the stage while the others take their seats to watch the show. "Hello" said the old man on the screen
Hammond encouraged the group to say hello which they responded with an awkward hello or a small wave.
"Hello John" said Hammond on the screen while the real Hammond pulled out some index cards from his pocket. "Well, uh, let me show you" said the old man toward the screen, "First, I'll need a drop of blood, your blood"
Both Hammonds present their hands to one another while the real Hammond pretends to prick the projector Hammond's finger. It was then that multiple Hammonds appeared on the screen and greetings on another as part of the miracle of cloning.
"Cloned what" whispered Alan, "Loy extraction has never recreated an intact DNA strand"
"Not without massive sequence gaps" whispered Malcolm
"Or something to complete the DNA code" whispered Laureen
"Paleo-DNA from what source?" whispered Ellie, "Where do you get a 100 million-year old dinosaur blood?"

The video showed a cartoon DNA strand popping out of Hammond's finger to explain how the processor of DNA worked as well as how scientists found the source of Dino DNA. A hundred millions of years ago, there were mosquitoes just like today that drank the blood of dinosaurs. Sometimes after biting a dinosaur, the mosquito would land on the branch of a tree and get stuck in the sap. After a long time, the tree sap would get hard and become fossilized, like dinosaur bones, preserving the mosquito inside. The fossilized tree sap, which they call amber, waited for millions of years with the mosquito inside until Jurassic Park scientist came along. Using sophisticated techniques, they extract the preserved blood from the mosquito to collect Dino DNA.
Alan and Ellie watched in awe of how the scientists were able to collect Dinosaur blood while Laureen and Malcolm looked rather skeptical of the process, possibly concerned for the future of the park and humanity.
A full DNA strand of the dino DNA contains three billion genetic codes. If scientists looked at the screens once a second for eight hours a day, it'd take two years to look at the entire DNA strand. But since the DNA was old and full of holes, that's when the geneticist took the DNA of a frog and filled in the gaps and used the latest technology to recreate it.

Suddenly, the handlebars go down and the seats start to move from room to the other at a slow pace. The next room showed scientists and the genetics team working on new strands of DNA and examining dinosaur eggs.
"This is overwhelming, John," said Gennaro, "Are these characters, uh, auto-erotica?"
"No, no no, we don't have animatronics here" said Hammond, "Those people are the real miracle workers of Jurassic Park"
Alan and Ellie were in awe at the sight of the scientists working in the room until Gran spoke up, "wait a minute" he said, "How do you interrupt cellular mitosis?"
"Can we see the unfertilized eggs?" asked Ellie
"Shortly, shortly" Hammond reassured, but the four didn't have the patience for it. Malcolm, Alan, Ellie, and Laureen quickly remove the handlebars and make their way towards the lab with Hammond and Gennaro following behind in frustration and confusion.

Once the four entered the lab, Laureen made sure to turn the flash off her camera to take pictures of the scientists working on the unfertilized eggs, which were being rotated to keep them warm. One egg starts to move, meaning it was ready to hatch, A young scientist named Dr. Henry Wu noticed this and smiled, "Oh perfect timing" he said, "I'd hope they'd hatch before I had to go to the boat"
Hammond walks toward the eggs with a smile on his face, "Henry, Henry, why didn't you tell me?" He asked, "I insists on being here when they're born"
The group gathers around as the baby dinosaur slowly pushes its way out of the egg to reveal itself to the world. Ellie and Alan watched in awe while Laureen took pictures of the little baby dinosaur with the flash off so she didn't scare the little guy. Hammond smiled proudly at the creature while Malcolm watched with his arms crossed over his chest, "They imprint on the first creature they come in contact with" he explained, "helps them to trust me"
"Well, surely not the ones that have bred in the wild" said Malcolm
Henry walks over to explain that the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park can't breed in the wild; population control is one of the park's security precautions.
Laureen lowered her camera and glanced at the young scientist, "are you sure?" she asks
"Yes, ma'am" said Henry, "There's no unauthorized breeding in Jurassic Park"
"How-how do you know they can't breed?" asked Malcolm
"Well, because all the animals in Jurassic Park are female"
Malcolm and Laureen shared a glance before turning their attention back to Henry. "We've engineered them that way" the young scientist explained all the while Ellie and Grant were preoccupied by the baby dinosaur in Hammond's gloved hands.

Malcolm gestures to Laureen to come over so they could speak in private. Once the two were in a safe distance from the group, the chaotician whispered, "I don't like this at all, not uh...not one bit"
"Honestly, neither do I" Laureen spoke in a hush tone, "I mean this all sounds fascinating at first but when you really think about it, this could effect a lot of people"
"Exactly, the possibilities are endless. Not to mention uh... how these creatures would react to careless children who have no idea how to interact with a dinosaur"
"Chaos theory"
"That's what I love about you, Laureen, you know me so well"
Malcolm smiled at his friend before turning his attention back to Dr. Wu, "But, um, again, how do you know they're all female?" he asks, "What, does somebody go out in the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?"
Dr. Wu explained that the scientist at InGen can control the dinosaurs' chromosomes, which wasn't so difficult.

"All vertebrate embryos are inherently female anyway" said Dr. Wu, "They require an extra hormone given at the right developmental stage to make them male. We simply deny them that"
Malcolm shook his head in disappointment then told the old man that what he was attempting was impossible. He says if there's one thing that history of evolution has taught us, it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free and expands to new territories and crashes through barriers painfully, maybe even dangerously, and there it is. The room stood in silence before Dr. Wu asks, "You're implying that a group composed entirely of female animals will breed?"
"No," said Malcolm, "I'm simply saying that life uh... finds a way"
Alan looked down at the baby dinosaur in his gloved hand, curious as to what species it was. Dr. Wu tells the male paleontologist that he was holding a baby velociraptor, shocking the man as he looked back at the creature.